China Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Come on guys, people want origionality, people won't care if the logo looks like BMW's if they know the cars are nothing like them. Americans will not like this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea, cheap copy-cat items don't fly to well over here, especially when those items are cars. Copy-cat watches and purse may do fine, but cars are a different story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't understand why they do such things. A logo is probably one of the most important symbols to build recognition to the brand. How hard can it be to make an original symbol and how much money can they save from copying one?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I agree, but its not like the name or logo are set in stone. If an export possibility opens up im sure they could change their name and logo quite easily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would have thought BMW China would have hauled them over the coals for this. This is a blatant ripoff. If they had changed colours they may have been safe but really BYD and the badge -are they serious?
Whether the cars look anything like a BMW does have relevance -it makes it look like BMW has gone cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BYD's problem isn't that its logo looks like another manufacturer's logo.... its problem is that its cars look like other copies of the cars manufactured by other companies!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts