China Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Remember............

The BC3 and BS4, though Italian designed, are by far the best looking cars coming out of China, hands down. Why are they not wildly popular in China is beyond me - must be due to limited availability.

I think you're right about that - don't forget that Brilliance (as it's own domestic entity making passenger cars) isn't very old.........MAYBE 5 years or so. It takes a bit of time to set up a separate assembly line (separate from the chinese built BMW's that Brilliance is involved with), a completely new dealer network (again, separate from BMW)...........not to mention designing a new, ORIGINAL car (cars now...they already advertise 3 models in Europe according to the article)!! The last thing...........a Brilliance is still a bit "pricey" for the average chinese consumer. A BS6 with a 2.4 and most options can end up being 140,000rmb or more........and at that point there are LOTS of foreign options (Ford Focus, Toyota Corrolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny, Peugeot 306, etc..). The DIFFERENCE is that compared to all of the foreign cars I mentioned, the BS6 is bigger and much roomier - AND also the biggest engine compared to those cars. I think honsetly that many chinese consumers are still UNAWARE of the quality and freshness of design that Brilliance offers - that will change once Brilliance offers a smaller car in the 70,000-90,000rmb price range (a real Polo, Fit and 206 competitor) and more consumers are able to afford a Brilliance, AND Brilliance adopts a more aggresive marketing campaign.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.