China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
wow. car and driver bothered to test a chinese car? *reads the review*

"At 192.1 inches long, the BS6 is about the size of a Toyota Camry. Get ready for a shock, because the price is darn close to a Camry’s, too. The BS6 is far from the cut-rate economy car many expected to spearhead China’s entry into demanding Western automotive markets. The base 2.0-liter BS6, in Comfort trim, starts at about $26,600 (€20,000). The 2.4-liter Deluxe model we tested has an estimated price of $31,000. Yikes."

oh my.

"Trying to remain unbiased by the high price, we jump behind the wheel and right into a sea of shiny, cheap-looking plastic. The steering wheel feels oily, and the column-mounted stalks brittle. The radio looks as though it had been time-warped from 1985."

"But with just 127 horsepower and 144 pound-feet of torque—and get this, it requires premium fuel"

premium gas? damn that's terrible for such a low power output.

"The stereo sounds terrible, with bass that rattles the doors as if someone were banging a basketball against them. That ugly glob of black rubber—otherwise known as the shifter—felt sticky and nasty after about an hour of use. The one-touch power windows didn’t go down with the as-promised one touch. Even the trunk didn’t open smoothly. It took three tugs to get it completely open."

·
Registered
196 Posts
lol they don't mean the type of media it takes. just look at that thing! it looks like such an old style. they made radios in the 80's that resembled that. if it doesn't look like an old radio, it sure looks like a toy radio to me.

camry's in the US cost from 18-25k (more with options i guess). i think that is what they are referring to.

·
Registered
196 Posts
since you are more of an expert in the europe car market than i am (i know US cars), what car is comparable price, and price/feature wise?

also, i'm glad you posted these pics. the lower one shows the sophistication of modern LCD screens. backlit display, clean graphics, and small but legible text/numbers. compare to the chinese radio where you see large numbers like you would on a very old LCD or at the very least, a poorly designed LCD! notice that the middle of the numbers are not consistently displayed so they look faded. does it even have backlighting? lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
LOL about the cheap chinese camera :lol:

thanks for the pics/info.

typically what i have seen in the US are much fancier radio systems.

here is a radio from a Scion tC. it's a Pioneer and it's a very good sound system (the cover comes down and hides the head unit).

here is one from a mazda. there is a trend for integrated radios.

at the very least, the BS6 has the look of a previous generation radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.