China Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cars in Streets (pictures)

Hi, I'm spending my vacation in Beijing. I've taken some pictures of Chinese made cars and will upload them here later. Now the problem is, surprise surprise, the site is blocked. I don't understand why a car fan site got blocked. I'll udpate when I'm back.

First thought: the Chinese like Germany cars. Volkswagon are doing great in China. High end market are dominated by Audi and BMW. BMW is not a rare specie at all. Not too many Lexus or Acura like in the states though.

Brillian Auto makes great cars. They stand out from the crowd just like a BMW. I see more Geely than Chery, even though statistics suggest otherwise. (Edit: That was my wrong perception. Actually more Chery than Geely.) To me, Geely look cheap, while Chery cars look just fine. And QQ are very popular. They look very friendly and... cute. I also saw some Great Wall SVU.

·
Registered
148 Posts
great post, that! very informative for ppl outside of china and give realistic approach!

yes i would of thought CHERY much more visible thatn GEELY
and i can tell geely looks cehap in pics...

also read that audi is most popular in china...but its good to know u think chery and brilliance look like good cars!

i think this geely more than chery thing maybe only in beijing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wrong saying there were more Geely than Chery. When I said that, I was mainly in sub-urban area. Now I think Chery has a bigger market share.

A5

QQ

QQ6

·
Registered
706 Posts
Great to see some pics!

I think that Chery may have some success in the U.S. with the QQ, QQ6 and the A5. Probably most success with the A5. Americans love big cars although the high gas prices have people thinking about buying something smaller.

Post more if you have them, OK? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also saw a few Roewe but my camera wasn't with me.

As I understand, Chery A1 and Brilliance Coupe were introduced in Oct, but I didn't see any real one in street by the time I left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just a question

Does anyone know what the status is of the required crash test appovals in US on the Chery vehicles that they want to export to US?

To really be successful in US Market, the Chinese car companies will have to build assembly plants here, as Toyota, BMW and others have done.

:)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Does BMW havr assembly plant in the US ? BMW does not look successful to me in the US, yes it is doing very well in Europe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts