China Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members of CCF

After much deliberation I am pleased to announce that the autoguide.com forum network will be taking over management of the site going forward. I began CCF and saw it grow into a community with thousands of messages. We've made it through several software upgrades over the years and I've met a lot of great people. I've come to admit to myself that my time available for working on the site just keeps dwindling. I'd like the site to continue on and the people at autoguide.com have the staff, technology and resources to ensure that happens.

I'd like to thank everyone that has ever visited or contributed to China Car Forums.

Please welcome Yung, the new site administrator. He will be "taking the wheel" from here on out and I'm sure he and his team will continue to foster this great community.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Hey guys,

Yung here. Glad to be here. I will mainly be here to help out with the tech side of things but I can get involved on pretty much any site issue needed.

I have zero plans to change the mod team in place. It's business as usual. I hope to get to know some of you in due time and if you have any questions / concerns, just post it here or shoot me a PM.

Yung

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Welcome Yungster
A great site, with great potential, but it has been in dire need of attention for some time now. So we have high hopes for it under your reign.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi, member since 2007.

I believe the first orders of business would be with updating the actual "website" portion of the forum when chinacarforums.com is visited. The banners along the top of the website could use an improvement.

It has been suggested that the "Chinese Car Manufacturers" forums are out of date in terms of which manufacturers deserve their own sub-forum and updating the information on the companies along with their logos.

martin_krpan, moderator, has been the life blood of this forum and I would nominate him and his ideas/suggestions on how to improve these forums.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Alby, for reminding me to recognize Martin Krpan as "the life blood". I neglected to point out that were it not for him, most, if not all, would have given up on the site long ago.

·
Administrator
17,170 Posts
As this great site got new owners I suggest we use this thread to write down some suggestions how to improve it. Many proposition
were already duscussed in other threads. .

first of all we urgently need to do something about spam. Today I had to delete around 50 spam messages. Is there some way to prevent spammers from posting?

Also as alby13 already wrote the site needs update. MarkusRD prepared new Forum theme and images but those were unfortunately never used.

We have a thread about Chinese Manufacturers that should get own Sub-Forum:
http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3343

perhaps new admin could check it and make some changes.

That's all from me for now. I hope other members will also write their wishes in order to make this site even better.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will definitely begin to look at things that can improve the functionality of this site. Please continue to add suggestions here so I can have a look at them.

Yung

·
Registered
196 Posts
martin_krpan said:
As this great site got new owners I suggest we use this thread to write down some suggestions how to improve it. Many proposition
were already duscussed in other threads. .

first of all we urgently need to do something about spam. Today I had to delete around 50 spam messages. Is there some way to prevent spammers from posting?

Also as alby13 already wrote the site needs update. MarkusRD prepared new Forum theme and images but those were unfortunately never used.

We have a thread about Chinese Manufacturers that should get own Sub-Forum:
http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3343

perhaps new admin could check it and make some changes.

That's all from me for now. I hope other members will also write their wishes in order to make this site even better.
i work in graphic design and web design. in terms of getting rid of spam a simple way is to add "CAPTCHA" entry when a forum post is made. that makes it so that computers/robots can not figure out what the code is but people can.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Site moving along at a quicker pace now. Good to see and welcome to you, Yungster!
Indeed, the improvements have already started :thumb:
I have high hopes Yungster & martin_krpan can make this site fresh again.
Oh, and JAC definitely deserves it's own thread (instead of Polarsun) ;)

:goteam:

·
Registered
938 Posts
u should also make better youtube channel, there is a lot of idiotic comments there, u should put firstly let admin approve the comment to avoid stupid comments from 12 year old kids

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
A few suggestions for improvement:

Simplify CCF. Cut out all the gobbledygook that clutters the current pages.

Make it a dedicated website, that is dedicated to the Chinese auto industry alone. One can easily find general automotive information elsewhere. Make it broader than just a hang-out for Chinese Cars owners, as stated in "About us".
It has the potential to be a place visited by serious people who share a common enthusiasm for all aspects of the dyamically emerging Chinese Automotive industry.

Focus should include: new cars/vehicles, reviews/evaluations, parts/components, auto regulations/laws, shows/exhibitions/conferences, design, motorsports, highway motoring/infrastructure, manufacturing news, motorsports, research, repair/maintenance, fuel and energy resources/infrastructure, environmental issues, parking, quality monitoring, etc..

Remove the outdated, and sometimes inaccurate, material that lingers on its pages.

Understandably advertisements are necessary. But if they are in your face, popping up constantly, then that's a drag on the site's appeal to serious viewers. It will repel instead of attract.

Also, silly links, like "Greatwall China Car" and "Yiwu China" that deliver us to a page of "Google ads" is a real letdown.

·
Registered
196 Posts
A few suggestions for improvement:

Simplify CCF. Cut out all the gobbledygook that clutters the current pages.

Make it a dedicated website, that is dedicated to the Chinese auto industry alone. One can easily find general automotive information elsewhere. Make it broader than just a hang-out for Chinese Cars owners, as stated in "About us".
It has the potential to be a place visited by serious people who share a common enthusiasm for all aspects of the dyamically emerging Chinese Automotive industry.

Focus should include: new cars/vehicles, reviews/evaluations, parts/components, auto regulations/laws, shows/exhibitions/conferences, design, motorsports, highway motoring/infrastructure, manufacturing news, motorsports, research, repair/maintenance, fuel and energy resources/infrastructure, environmental issues, parking, quality monitoring, etc..

Remove the outdated, and sometimes inaccurate, material that lingers on its pages.

Understandably advertisements are necessary. But if they are in your face, popping up constantly, then that's a drag on the site's appeal to serious viewers. It will repel instead of attract.

Also, silly links, like "Greatwall China Car" and "Yiwu China" that deliver us to a page of "Google ads" is a real letdown.
I agree that it should be dedicated to the Chinese Car Industry. It's been quite some time now. I hope progress has been made thus far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts