China Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, reporters from Changan Automobile Group that will be of Changan's seven major brands, 23 of the show cars, four new engine technology exhibitors concentrated expression of Chang'an Automobile Group in independent innovation, research and development models, the use of new energy sources, and power system Latest achievements in areas such as.

It is understood that Chang'an Automobile Group will carry the brand's seven co-exhibitors. Which have their own brands Benben, dynamic mixed--hoon, a new car Zhi-xiang, the concept of hydrogen-powered vehicles, such as sports, and 4, will be displayed at the Chang'an new engine technology. This session Auto, Changan launch new market-oriented Zhongjiche "Zhi-xiang," Changan Automobile Group, which lasted three years, costing hundreds of millions, the use of the world's leading technology research the first independent brands intermediate sedan, equipped with 2.0 L Engine The new engine, with the biggest rise 56.06 kw power, the largest 112 kw power and the maximum torque of 192 Nm output, high efficiency and low a row with the same type of new high-performance engines. Not only that, the standard of TCS traction control system, unique HHRB security body (high energy absorption highly rigid safety cage-shaped body) and the comprehensive safety restraint system, the Zhi-Xiang became independent brands medium-sized passenger car safety bar. With such powerful and dynamic performance, excellent safety performance and rich with humanity is bound to become a long Anzhixiang Zhongjiche own-brand cars in the new bar.

In recent years, Chang'an own-brand cars made great strides in the development of the city, started new energy technology development and application, and ultimately a breakthrough has been made. Only one year, 2007, Changan China has been completed an independent brand industrialization of hybrid vehicles - Changan Jie-hoon HEV off the assembly line, China's first highly efficient low-emission hydrogen internal combustion engine ignition, it is learnt that this year Beijing Auto, Changan self-developed China's first hydrogen-powered concept car will also honor登场, while Changan HEV hybrid vehicles this year will be a car service Beijing Olympic Games. Changan will be completed when the new energy technology from theory to real vehicles and to be able to use the three major leap forward, and promote China's new energy technologies to deeper, broader direction.

Zhenghui new competing show, the public brands ready to go. Chang'an Automobile Group will be fully interpreted Beijing International Auto Show, the exhibition Yao strength, it is worth looking forward to!

(Translated text with Google Translate)

V101 Concept

V802 Concept (hatchbackversion of the all new ChangAn CV8):

Concept Roadster:

Sources: auto.sohu.com & www.autohome.com.cn

·
Administrator
17,924 Posts
Changan displays FlexDI engine at Beijing auto show.
April 25, 2008 - Changan Auto, China’s fourth-largest automotive manufacturer, has displayed its CA18 FlexDI concept engine at the Beijing auto show (Auto China 2008). The engine was commissioned from Australian technology company Orbital in collaboration with Changan.

The FlexDI technology was launched last October, based on the concept of “One Engine-Any Fuel”, as part of Orbital’s investment in R&D and growth opportunities driven by stronger worldwide emissions legislation and increased concerns about greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency.

The concept engine uses a twin turbocharger design to enable very high levels of performance, while maintaining a desirable flat torque curve across a wide speed range. The FlexDI system can deliver significant economy benefits with the potential to use gasoline or other gaseous fuels in the same combustion chamber.

Changan said it is continuing discussions with Orbital on a possible feasibility assessment of FlexDI technology, with the objective of launching further joint engineering activities in 2008 and 2009.
source: CanadianDriver

Roadster concept:
http://tuku.auto.china.com/auto/html/2008-04-20/101775.htm

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I am a bit confused here about the roadster concept, can someone please explain. Before Chang'an said the roadster concept will be fitted with its self-developed hydrogen powered engine. But now it ends up with some different kind of engine developed by an Australian firm.

So what is Chang'an saying ? I don't understand.

http://www.thetycho.com/news_changan7.htm

Are they just simply lying ?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
mememe said:
I am a bit confused here about the roadster concept, can someone please explain. Before Chang'an said the roadster concept will be fitted with its self-developed hydrogen powered engine. But now it ends up with some different kind of engine developed by an Australian firm.

So what is Chang'an saying ? I don't understand.

http://www.thetycho.com/news_changan7.htm

Are they just simply lying ?
......the potential to use gasoline or other gaseous fuels in the same combustion chamber.
I am not sure if this helps meme, but this engine could also burn hydrogen.

As for billing it as a "roadster"....I would have called it a coupe as roadster to me is an open car. But then again in China a whole new automotive vocabulary is evolving.....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ye thank you for your reply. I saw that it could burn hydrogen too but what puzzles me is that this does not seem like the type of engine that Chang'an was blabbing about and the so called "self development" and now some weird engine done by an australian firm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts