China Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
17,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chang’an, the JV partner to Ford in China, have made their own ‘Focus inspired’ hatchback, which is set to retail for around 50,000rmb.

Chang’an and Ford have been making the Ford Focus together in the Chinese market for the past few years, a venture which has been very successful for both parties. Chang’an have been working on their own model line up with limited success. Their latest offering is a hatchback version, the Chang’an Zhi Xiang, with obvious Ford Focus styling cues around its derrière.

When launched later this year, the Zhi Xiang hatch is expected to come with a 1.6l and 2.0l engine options.

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200907/65339.html

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Changan Zhi Xiang (CV8 hatchback)

The Zhixiang, was built on the Fiesta platform, to which Chang'an now has the rights.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Focus inspired sure, but still a pretty good effort. Originality of design is coming to China, just as it did with Japan and Korea.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

daewoo-chevrolet said:
Wrong photos Martin, that's the Yuexiang hatchback. This is the Zhixiang hatchback (Zhixiang CX30):........
What's nice is that these photos give a glimpse of the Yuexiang hatchback rearside too, so a comparison can be made of the taillight treatment. Front noses on the other hand are not all that different.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Changan CX30 (CV8 hatchback)

I'm impressed with the color coordination and the quality of the interior. On the outside, I think a little bolder flare around the wheel wells would enhance the appearance.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: Changan CX30 (CV8 hatchback)

I've seen this car in person, and trust me - IT DOES NOT SUCK - AT ALL. Nice quality control inside and out, the doors close with a nice solid 'thump' (as opposed to a thin, hollow sound), the seats (front and rear) are comfortable but supportive - I'm looking forward to giving it a test drive soon (I saw it live at the Nanning auto show, no chance to drive it there). I DO have one design complaint though - the car has a nice, "curvy" and aerodynamic shape to it, but the interior takes a more "angular" approach in it's design (especially the center console). I know this really has nothing to do with functionality, but I find the lack of design coordination a bit disconcerting. Compare this to the Brilliance FRV - the FRV also has a somewhat angular interior look as well, but the exterior reflects that better than the CX30 does. Just my opinion, and it is just a artistic opinion - the CX30 is still a quality product overall and should be quite a success here. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts