China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wheels look far too small for the car. Design is nice though, the side profile kinda reminds me of 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I do see similarity Axle but your Mitz roof has a rake that matches the overall body rake. The Chang'an doesn't have that and to me it looks somehow misproportioned. The wheels are a poor choice for one, but I think it's more than just that.....
The grille has a cheezy look too. I'm afraid I expect more from Chang'an in body design.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was told, that the mid-size sedan shall compete with GM’s Excelle and Hyundai Elantra. As my OEM database, SOP of CV8 is planned for Q1 2008 with an initial volume of 15,000 units (2009: 25K).

How about rumours that design was done/optimised in Germany by MBtech Group?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really like it! The wheels definitely need to be bigger, but overall the profile of the car just screams "sporty, yet refined". JOB WELL DONE!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
To Axle

Those 2 look nothing alike from the sideway, the door design is different, the back of those 2 are different.The wheels are different, the headlights are different.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cool car............

Wow, I don't think I've seen this yet.............NICE car. Yes, the wheels are a bit small (but enough room in the wheel wells to add something a bit bigger) but the shape.............it blows away the Elantra and the Excelle. I would love to see some interior shots - anybody know of any? How about specs - engine size, fuel consumption, standard features (if it's going to compete with Elantra/Excelle it will have to have dual airbags, CD player or changer, optional sunroof.....and it will need to be AT LEAST a 1.6 engine as well, possibly a 1.4 based on power to weight ratios)?? Will it also have a optional automatic transmission? Both the Elantra and Excelle have that as an option.........

This COULD be a real competitor for the lower middle price segment of the market here..........I'm looking forward to seeing it for real next spring!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks! The exterior design reminds me of the Chery A3 and the interior of the Chang'an CV11 and the rear of the Kia Shuma. In my opinion it's a quite nice car, although I've seen better looking Chinese cars in this class (Chery A3, Hafei Saibao III/V and Haima Family)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts