China Car Forums banner

Chang'an Intro

30K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  CCF mod 
Changan Alsvin V5 and Star 2 discontinued

According to Changan's new (i.e updated) site, the Alsvin (Yuexiang) V5 car and Star 2 mini-van (SC6382/6399) have been discontinued.

http://www.changan.com.cn/

For the Star 2, from an average of 7900 units per month in 2015, shipments were down to just 90 units in March. Figures for just the Alsvin V5 are not available as all Alsvin model shipments are reported collectively.

Erik, the people were pulling your leg, I guess :) The Star 3 was actually launched only last year and has taken the place of both the old Star (ended in 2014) and the Star 2. It sells 8,000-10,000 units a month - about the same volumes as the old Star and the Star 2 in their heydays. The New Star (now Star 5) does not sell anywhere as close to compensate for either. There is no logic why the Star 3 should be shut down so soon, and that too such a successful product -- anyway you can always look at your production tables for confirmation.

Last year the Chang'an people at the show also told you they had stopped development of any pickups (you mentioned it on this forum) - and now we have the Shenqi F30 and F50 giving us angelic smiles!

Hope you had a nice trip.

Chang'an was making little trucks in Argentina...but the plant was closed down in 2001.
But Chang'an was making trucks and mini pick-up's from 1998 to 2002, in Alta Gracia, Córdoba. If I remember good, it was a Joint Venture beetwen Nakai Japan S.A and Norinco.
What about Chang'an? It was assemblying mini trucks in Argentina...the assembly plant was closed down in 2002 and the JV, finally disbanded.
Back to Argentina, in 1998, Norinco ...Production of all the vehicles ended in 2002
Yes, I now have this memorized :) because this is the third or fourth time you have mentioned in this forum Nakai and Chang'an, their Alta Gracia plant and its closure in 2002. These posts are liable to be deleted under Rule 5.