China Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Changan New Star

Hello everyone. I am an avid fan of Chinese made passenger vehicles. I am a foreigner and staying here 7+ years. Last week, i bought this new star minivan. This is my 2nd chinese car aside from my Chery Fulwin 2 hatchback. I would like to know if someone have a noisy sound experience on the transmission on this van, whether 1st to 5th gear or neutral position. More power to this site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone does have suggestions how to improve the transmission noise quality level for the new star (alphard looking)?

More power to chinacarforums!

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
To answer Martin's question: (I will try to make it short)

Prior to 1998, I knew very little about the Chinese auto industry, except for the large joint ventures. When I gained access to the internet, I learnt that China had more than 100 makers and, in order to unearth as much info as possible, I taught myself to work with the Chinese script/language on computers (I cannot read, write, or speak it) with the help of online translation and transliteration resources.

I generally have followed govt. sources for primary information like autoinfo.gov, NDRC, MIIT, their monthly announcements, their vehicle approval tables, resources like chinacar.com.cn, cn357.com. [Chinese-car guru Mr Erik, who often posts here, will agree with this strategy :)]. This provides the basic database and specifications, as well as the official designations of vehicles, very useful in searching later for pics, for example. For pictures, I utilize Chinese names/script for searching, usually on Google Images.

If you are wondering why most of my posts since joining CCF have been regarding the vans, it is because I find them rather under-represented and under-reported on by the media.

Thanks for asking!

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
I would like to make a small addendum that the pickup shown in Martin's latest post above and in that of kdfgh's 07-16-2012 post is officially known as "Shenqi" (SC1025S/D) which is related to the smaller Starlight 6395, and is available in single- and double-cab versions.

There existed a different pickup called Starlight pickup (Xingguang xiaoka/pika) (SC1029S) which was related to the larger Starlight 4500, and was available in double-cab version only. According to the Changan commercial vehicle site, the 1029 is no longer on sale.

Edit: I see Martin already had posted previously (in 2010) on this Starlight pickup.

SC1029:

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
61 - 80 of 142 Posts