China Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Microvans have gas engines. This may have something to do with most designs either having Suzuki ancestry or being largely copied from said Suzuki designs (by design I do not mean merely visual appearance, I am referring to the entire vehicle development and engineering process), and Suzuki hasn't been into diesel tech in a big way. Descendants of either Mitsubishi or Daihatsu designs are hardly to be found today.

You will find only a handful of minitrucks with diesel engines, mostly from the likes of Forland, Nanjun or Changan Kuayue, and even these are usually the higher payload versions (among the minitrucks).

As for rural/urban preference, I guess this is limited by whichever emission norm is in force at any given moment in a particular region. Currently, there is no diesel minitruck with a China-VI compliant engine (the latest are China-V).

·
Registered
445 Posts
RR, my guess is that they are mostly petro driven vehicles. However, back in the mid 2000s Chang'an exported a small volume of vehicles to a Texas company called Tiger Truck. Those were converted to electric motor drive, using lead acid batteries.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,861 Posts
2021 V5

L2:

·
Administrator
17,861 Posts