China Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading autocar. The Cherry QQ has been tested by NCAP and it looks like it may completley fail the saftey test, recording one of the worst saftey scores of all times.

I thought it was worth mentioning because the same article questioned Chinese car manufacturing on safety and then asked if Nanjing would do a bad job on the MG cars.

Fortunately for Nanjing the MG's have an average to very good saftey record. But I do wonder if companies like Geeley and Cherry who have'nt followed nanjing's example of buying a foreign car maker risk coming unstuck?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I cant see it failing that much since the Matiz already sucks
its gonna be the same or less by a small percentage ,

Altho The test we saw before was of the OLD GENERATION Matiz/Spark
I dont know if the new one is just a FACELIFT ... or a total remake .

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Interesting, since Matiz is for sale in Europe....
Yep. GM issued a statement saying the Matiz performed much much better in tests. The pictures of the QQ were very disturbing and franlkly I can't see GM selling a car as bad as the QQ. Just goes to show......

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why test cars that will never be sold here and are so outdated?
I mean, the VW Santana and Gol and more of those ancient euro cars (Golf2 and Citroen C15 even) are or were still sold in developing countries, but I never saw an NCAP test with those cars...

Why not test a new Zhonghua ? Becuase that would test a lot better :thumb: They want juicy headlines!

By the way, GM-Daewoo shouldn't be so self confident:
http://www.euroncap.com/content/media/press_releases/phase_17b.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts