China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've noticed that some websites list the A11 ( windcloud on the www.cheryglobal.com website )

as a 1.6L 8v SOHC engine

while others say its a 1.6L 16v SOHC engine

some say its based on a FORD CVH engine and some say its based on a new Austrian AVL engine !

since I didn't buy my car yet , this car is still very good deal to me , but I am not going to buy a 8v car or a car that is discontinued

many ppl here told me that they replaced it with the flagcloud !
then why are they still exporting it ? and why will it be assemebled in Russia ?

the flagcloud costs almost the same as an Elantra / Lancer here !
but the Windcloud is very well priced ( cheaper than the 2006 accent by $4000 )

but why would they export a discontinued product ? and does this means that there's not going to be spare parts in the future ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
but why would they export a discontinued product?
To dump their unsold vehicles upon unsuspecting foreigners.

and does this means that there's not going to be spare parts in the future ?
If you can't find parts from Chery, then search VW parts bin. Chery A series are unauthorized replicas of Seat Toledo/2nd generation Golf.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Some japanese companys are still selling their 1980's models as new cars today. Suzuki is still selling this car in pakistan called the Mehran as a 2005 model. It was discontinued in japan in the 1980's.

http://www.pakwheels.com/NewArrivals/suzukimehran2005.asp

those japanese companys have been ripping off people in the middle east with their high priced cars that have little features. Until Chery went into pakistan with low priced cars that included all the options like alloy wheels, leather seats, cd player, air conditioning, power win/locks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THIS TO A CHINA VS THE WORLD FIGHT POST !

I_reaL_HATE_CHINA
I know all of that already but thanks alot , I dont need info from you , I need info from ppl who saw / tried or own a chery A11 .

at Hazik

I really dont care , copies , replicas , if u see the cars on sale for $10,000 chery A11 owns them by alot .

anyways BACK TO MY POINT PLZ ? ANYONE ANSWER THE 8V - 16V thing

·
Registered
627 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Who cares where Chery got its engines, they were all illegal any way.

Save for Mitubish 2.4, Tritec, and new ACTECO.

which chery engines are illegal?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Who cares where Chery got its engines, they were all illegal any way.

Save for Mitubish 2.4, Tritec, and new ACTECO.

first of all I said I dont want your damned replies here

2nd of all , I am not talking about where the engine is from , I want to know wether the one on SALE now is a 8V engine or a 16V engine , and apparently you don't know

so stick something upyours and stfu

and sad info for you my friend

"LIFAN" another chinese company is going to buy the Tritec Factory , after BMW & DC stopped using their engines ..

and its not a one side story , tritec did release a press release , about a deal with lifan to aqurie its factory totally and another deal with a second chinese manufactre .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritec_engine

so it means that TRITEC engines will be in almost all chinese cars by 2008 :D
now how are they going to buy that Factory ? Assault it ? Steal it ?
and no i dont want your reply to this one as well . go reply to urself somewhere else

·
Registered
198 Posts
hazik said:
which engines are those?
You can't expect to get the answer from a troll.

I am more than surprised why he hasn't got banned. I mean an ID like that, how come the admin even allows this? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Tiggo said:
You can't expect to get the answer from a troll.

I am more than surprised why he hasn't got banned. I mean an ID like that, how come the admin even allows this? :confused:
because he does contribute informative posts, and does not give direct comments to anyone which are offensive, if he does then i will delete those posts..

·
Registered
126 Posts
I translated your post and put it on Mychery.org and here is the answer from someone who probably works in Chery Motor Co.

Windcloud is still being assembled, but in a quantity of less than 100 exemplars per month, all of which are by orders from dealers. So if there is still Windcloud being sold in Russia, that's because importer is still delivering orders. There's little possibility that Windcloud be assembled in Russia.

As far as its engine, he says a11(Windcloud)is equiped with a sohc 2*4=8v
engine which differs from the Flagcloud.

I hope I have answered to your questions.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
then why are they SELLING it as a 16V car here ???????????? ( Egypt not russia )

Technical Specification &Equipment

ENGINE

4cyl.SOhc n 16 V
Engine type

Displacement (cc)

94/5500
Max.power (hp/rpm)

128/3000
Max.Torque Nm(r/Min)

Compression ratio

M.P injection
Fuel System

5-speed maual
Transmission

Brakes

Disc
Front

Drum
Rear

SUSPENSION(heavy duty)

Mcpherson
Front

Link Type
Rear

CAPACITIES & WEIGHT

Fuel Consumption (at 90 km/h,l)

550/1360
Trunk Capacity ( L )

Net Weight (Kg)

PERFORMANCE

≥ 172
MAX.Speed (Km/h)

WHEEL & TIRES

82H X 14
Wheel

185/60 R 14
Tires

here's the dealer website
http://www.alforsangroup.com/models/cherry/a11.html

excuse the CHERRY and CHEERY mis-spelled :D

If this is true , the 8v thing , than that is a knock off for me , how come a CAR that large drives on a 8V engine ???

the only similar car currently is the stupid Aveo , its based on a 8v engine as well . but 1.5 .

damn it , nothing is perfect i guess ,Anyways thanks alot for your effors Firefox and thanks all who tried to help .

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is someone who added a thread saying that the Windcloud with a 16v TRITEC engine also exist, I'm getting confused too... So just check out if the engine of Windcloud being sold in Egypt is of Tritec brand, Maybe that will help. Good Luck!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ok I will try to look for it , as I remmeber the engine was silver and plain , had no recognizable signs or marks to it , maybe a chery logo I dont quite remmember .

The only other logo I saw there is a BOSCH and of course lotsa chery logos .

EDIT : I doubt its a tritect , since the TRITEC 1.6 16v one is a DOHC ?
The car dealer I just called is telling me its a SOHC with Multivalves technology allowing it to be SOHC and 16V in the same time . and its based on a FORD CVH engine .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the standard version with no ABS / Airbags or Alloy Wheels : $10,000
the LX version with ABS/Airbags and Alloy Wheels : $11,200

I called the Chery Distributor here , and he told me that he HEARD nothing of such a 8V engine ! and that He can prove to me that its 16V if I visited the mantianence HQ .

anyways He also told me that he heard nothing of such " Discontinued " for the A11 , and he also added " Chery would be very very stupid to do such a move , this car is on HIGH demand in alot of middle east countries , especialy the GULF , wheres alot of Taxi/Limousine companies have bought hundreds of these and of course will require more " , he said " they Should update it with a better interior and a better NOT SO NOISEY engine and try to remain in the same price , that way it will dominate the $10 to $12 market " .

I got more confused after that call , how come the MOTHER company says that its a 8V , while the local one CAN ACTUALY PROVE TO ME that its a 16V .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.