China Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've noticed that some websites list the A11 ( windcloud on the www.cheryglobal.com website )

as a 1.6L 8v SOHC engine

while others say its a 1.6L 16v SOHC engine

some say its based on a FORD CVH engine and some say its based on a new Austrian AVL engine !

since I didn't buy my car yet , this car is still very good deal to me , but I am not going to buy a 8v car or a car that is discontinued

many ppl here told me that they replaced it with the flagcloud !
then why are they still exporting it ? and why will it be assemebled in Russia ?

the flagcloud costs almost the same as an Elantra / Lancer here !
but the Windcloud is very well priced ( cheaper than the 2006 accent by $4000 )

but why would they export a discontinued product ? and does this means that there's not going to be spare parts in the future ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THIS TO A CHINA VS THE WORLD FIGHT POST !

I_reaL_HATE_CHINA
I know all of that already but thanks alot , I dont need info from you , I need info from ppl who saw / tried or own a chery A11 .

at Hazik

I really dont care , copies , replicas , if u see the cars on sale for $10,000 chery A11 owns them by alot .

anyways BACK TO MY POINT PLZ ? ANYONE ANSWER THE 8V - 16V thing

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Who cares where Chery got its engines, they were all illegal any way.

Save for Mitubish 2.4, Tritec, and new ACTECO.

first of all I said I dont want your damned replies here

2nd of all , I am not talking about where the engine is from , I want to know wether the one on SALE now is a 8V engine or a 16V engine , and apparently you don't know

so stick something upyours and stfu

and sad info for you my friend

"LIFAN" another chinese company is going to buy the Tritec Factory , after BMW & DC stopped using their engines ..

and its not a one side story , tritec did release a press release , about a deal with lifan to aqurie its factory totally and another deal with a second chinese manufactre .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritec_engine

so it means that TRITEC engines will be in almost all chinese cars by 2008 :D
now how are they going to buy that Factory ? Assault it ? Steal it ?
and no i dont want your reply to this one as well . go reply to urself somewhere else

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
then why are they SELLING it as a 16V car here ???????????? ( Egypt not russia )

Technical Specification &Equipment

ENGINE

4cyl.SOhc n 16 V
Engine type

Displacement (cc)

94/5500
Max.power (hp/rpm)

128/3000
Max.Torque Nm(r/Min)

Compression ratio

M.P injection
Fuel System

5-speed maual
Transmission

Brakes

Disc
Front

Drum
Rear

SUSPENSION(heavy duty)

Mcpherson
Front

Link Type
Rear

CAPACITIES & WEIGHT

Fuel Consumption (at 90 km/h,l)

550/1360
Trunk Capacity ( L )

Net Weight (Kg)

PERFORMANCE

≥ 172
MAX.Speed (Km/h)

WHEEL & TIRES

82H X 14
Wheel

185/60 R 14
Tires

here's the dealer website
http://www.alforsangroup.com/models/cherry/a11.html

excuse the CHERRY and CHEERY mis-spelled :D

If this is true , the 8v thing , than that is a knock off for me , how come a CAR that large drives on a 8V engine ???

the only similar car currently is the stupid Aveo , its based on a 8v engine as well . but 1.5 .

damn it , nothing is perfect i guess ,Anyways thanks alot for your effors Firefox and thanks all who tried to help .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ok I will try to look for it , as I remmeber the engine was silver and plain , had no recognizable signs or marks to it , maybe a chery logo I dont quite remmember .

The only other logo I saw there is a BOSCH and of course lotsa chery logos .

EDIT : I doubt its a tritect , since the TRITEC 1.6 16v one is a DOHC ?
The car dealer I just called is telling me its a SOHC with Multivalves technology allowing it to be SOHC and 16V in the same time . and its based on a FORD CVH engine .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the standard version with no ABS / Airbags or Alloy Wheels : $10,000
the LX version with ABS/Airbags and Alloy Wheels : $11,200

I called the Chery Distributor here , and he told me that he HEARD nothing of such a 8V engine ! and that He can prove to me that its 16V if I visited the mantianence HQ .

anyways He also told me that he heard nothing of such " Discontinued " for the A11 , and he also added " Chery would be very very stupid to do such a move , this car is on HIGH demand in alot of middle east countries , especialy the GULF , wheres alot of Taxi/Limousine companies have bought hundreds of these and of course will require more " , he said " they Should update it with a better interior and a better NOT SO NOISEY engine and try to remain in the same price , that way it will dominate the $10 to $12 market " .

I got more confused after that call , how come the MOTHER company says that its a 8V , while the local one CAN ACTUALY PROVE TO ME that its a 16V .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes , Indeed but again since I am no expert with cars , isnt a 8V engine for a car this size is a bit ... emm ... LOW ?

I mean the QQ has a 12V engine !

Or I am I missing the point of the whole VALVES thing ??

Anyways I know that the Chevorlet Aveo / Daewoo Kalos is a 1.5V 8V engine as well but that doesnt justify the fact that its not that good .

anyone experts in motors now ?

Thanks alot fmohiy
Actualy I am not going to shout , I am gonna do alot more :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So it's a safe buy , I mean the A11 ?

I am currently confused between it and between the Fiat Palio 1.2L 16V 82HP ( Hatchback - 66,000 ) Full options but no abs/airbags and only 1 year waranty , what do you think ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I see your point , thanks alot
Well the chery dealers are not less stupid than the Fiat or any other company here.

The Fiat dealers gives only 1 year waranty with thier cars , selling them 20% more expensive and they dont even have A Radio/Cassette !!

but that's easy to add later , well I always wanted to drive a LARGE sedane ( I know the chery is not that large , but compared to a hatchback or a compact , it is ) but in the same time this is my first owned car ever , I mean my driving experience is very limited and I am only 22 ... all What I drove is some parking and some market shopping for my family in my dads 95 Corrolla Automatic transmission . so you know I am totaly in-experineced .

actualy the engine I saw is totally diffrent than this , it was SILVED colored not black and had an extruded silver chery logo on top of it , If I can get a picture of it today I will try .

thanks again , anyways I called the fait dealers , the 1.2 Palio is out of stock and should be available in a week , I will go see it closely and make my decision afterwards .

Its just that I want the features of the chery combined with the palio :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
chery A11 in egypt has

air conditioning
4 electric windows
Electirc mirros
ABS+EBD brakes
2 Siemens APV airbags
center locking