China Car Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm from egypt and i just recently bought a QQ.
the guys at the dealer don't know shit. they couldn't even tell me what the usb connector in my car does.
I have the brochure that they distribute at their location in ismalia road and it clearly says 8 VALVE ENGINE!!
Sohc 94hp 132NM
they are mostly ignorant to the technicalities.
call them again and tell them to read you the brocheure for the A11, he will find it 8Valves. them shout at him a little for misleading you.
But aside from that the QQ and A11 are good cars and i think the maintainance there is decent, buy the car, ignore the dumb salesmen.

·
Registered
627 Posts
fmohiy said:
i'm from egypt and i just recently bought a QQ.
the guys at the dealer don't know shit. they couldn't even tell me what the usb connector in my car does.
I have the brochure that they distribute at their location in ismalia road and it clearly says 8 VALVE ENGINE!!
Sohc 94hp 132NM
they are mostly ignorant to the technicalities.
call them again and tell them to read you the brocheure for the A11, he will find it 8Valves. them shout at him a little for misleading you.
But aside from that the QQ and A11 are good cars and i think the maintainance there is decent, buy the car, ignore the dumb salesmen.
They should hire you to be the salesman.:nod:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes , Indeed but again since I am no expert with cars , isnt a 8V engine for a car this size is a bit ... emm ... LOW ?

I mean the QQ has a 12V engine !

Or I am I missing the point of the whole VALVES thing ??

Anyways I know that the Chevorlet Aveo / Daewoo Kalos is a 1.5V 8V engine as well but that doesnt justify the fact that its not that good .

anyone experts in motors now ?

Thanks alot fmohiy
Actualy I am not going to shout , I am gonna do alot more :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
it is true that a 16 valve engine is better than an 8 valve one. in case on 1.6 engines, they were mostly 8 valves until the near the year 2000( i think). in egypt, most local assebly cars have 8v engines like regata, dogan, tempra, sienna 1.4. the difference in power is mostly minimal. the A11 1.6 is 94hp 132NM while the fiat petra in egypt has a 16v engine but only 103hp and 135NM. you would rarely feel the difference. even though we still have engines that are 8v but they are more technologically andvanced and the addition of fuel injection instead of carberuttors raises the engines performance.
for example,my regata 1.5 82hp 123NM carb while aveo inj 1.5 83hp 128NM.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So it's a safe buy , I mean the A11 ?

I am currently confused between it and between the Fiat Palio 1.2L 16V 82HP ( Hatchback - 66,000 ) Full options but no abs/airbags and only 1 year waranty , what do you think ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
8v or 16v - in terms of power output, you won't notice a difference until you are at higher engine speeds, typically 4000rpm plus.

main problem with the chery A11 and it's ford engine is a lack of smoothness and relatively high noise, and the fuel consumption is not great. in terms of making the car move, it's no rocketship but ok for general use.

the engine is not ripped off, they bought the design rights and all the manufacturing equipment from Ford's Bridgend plant in UK. since then they have made some developments to the engine and continue to do so, it is not discontinued although it is old technology now.

there is a version of this car going into production with 1.6 litre AVL developed engine, but it's just starting now and might be some time before it gets overseas.

if the price is same as fiat palio, then if you need a car with a bit of size to carry 4 or 5 people and with a huge trunk, then it's the one to go for. more for your money, although a bit of an unknown as it's a new company and new distributorship. if you are young and childless and want a sporty little number then the fiat might be the one to go for.

i wanted to try an experiment so got myself a chery in china and it hasn't disappointed. but then I was looking for a tuning project and the combination of jetta chassis and '80s ford engine meant easy parts supply out of england.

i've had some reliability issues with the modified parts but the rest of the car has been ok. I had to have a new driveshaft and engine mount at 50k kms which is not normal, but I have been doing a lot of timed standing start testing with different engine specs and that kills these parts, also a fair amount of track work which judging by the effect on the tyres and brake pads I would say is also very heavy on the car.

I would be concerned about a dealer that doesn't give you a straight answer about things like the 8v / 16v question. at best he's an idiot, worst he's trying to con you.

happy motoring. most important thing is to get some wheels and get out on the highway, the rest will sort itself out in time!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I see your point , thanks alot
Well the chery dealers are not less stupid than the Fiat or any other company here.

The Fiat dealers gives only 1 year waranty with thier cars , selling them 20% more expensive and they dont even have A Radio/Cassette !!

but that's easy to add later , well I always wanted to drive a LARGE sedane ( I know the chery is not that large , but compared to a hatchback or a compact , it is ) but in the same time this is my first owned car ever , I mean my driving experience is very limited and I am only 22 ... all What I drove is some parking and some market shopping for my family in my dads 95 Corrolla Automatic transmission . so you know I am totaly in-experineced .

actualy the engine I saw is totally diffrent than this , it was SILVED colored not black and had an extruded silver chery logo on top of it , If I can get a picture of it today I will try .

thanks again , anyways I called the fait dealers , the 1.2 Palio is out of stock and should be available in a week , I will go see it closely and make my decision afterwards .

Its just that I want the features of the chery combined with the palio :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
cryptonx said:
So it's a safe buy , I mean the A11 ?

I am currently confused between it and between the Fiat Palio 1.2L 16V 82HP ( Hatchback - 66,000 ) Full options but no abs/airbags and only 1 year waranty , what do you think ?

What kind of options and warranty does the Chery A11 have in Egypt?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
chery A11 in egypt has

air conditioning
4 electric windows
Electirc mirros
ABS+EBD brakes
2 Siemens APV airbags
center locking
power steering