China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

This is a crash happened here in Cairo, Egypt from 10 days between Kia Rio & Chery A11, Well the Safety is big issue lets care about it when we buy a car. I don't attack chery because I like it & its products but I hope they care more about a safer car

The shots taken by a colleague here named Sabaawy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well I hate to admit , but that's propably because of the 35CM stretched body , this is called the Chery A11 LONG here , I believe its called Chery A11S in China , which is the same as the SEAT Toledo chassis from the old A11 , except its stretched from the middle 35 CM , the crash is ALMOST EXACTLY at the point of stretching ! !! which proved its a complete faliure , altho I doubt that the original Chery A11 would've made it any better , however this should be compared with an old toledo to compare .

thanks Shaqi for comparing ( Rabena yostor 3alena ) do you know if it was the NEW RIO or the OLD ONE ? and what was the speed ?? this looks like the other guy was on 140 or up !! and propably he's mistaken as well .

Second Thought :
and if you please could u ask Mr. Sabaawy ( You two are on the ContactCars forum , right ? ) to post the PICTURES of the KIA RIO ?? I think it's not fair to post a CAR DESTROYED in that matter without posting the car IMPOSING that damage !! at least for people to believe that this was a Kia Rio not a TRUCK ! I still find it hard to believe that this is a Kia Rio , and if it was , THen lets look at the rio , I don't believe there's going to be anything LEFT of it !

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow that car got totalled, wonder how fast it was going and what happened...but hmmm... i wonder what ppl that own chery a11 are thinkng

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear friend, you can not compare a front collision with side collision. Even Honda has problem with side collisions.

ngjc.com/upload/forum/2005032809493537.jpg

220.181.29.123/boardfile/autophoto/200553/20051226163215.JPG

·
Registered
772 Posts
cryptonx said:
the crash is ALMOST EXACTLY at the point of stretching ! !! which proved its a complete faliure , altho I doubt that the original Chery A11 would've made it any better , however this should be compared with an old toledo to compare.
The Son Of Orient, B13 and V5 all ride on improperly stretched Daewoo Magnus chassis.

There was a good reason why Daewoo never stretched Matiz and Magnus chassis beyond its design limit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was kinda expecting you to say the same ,

Anyways before we jump to conclusions hater , I must see the car which did this and I must see a side impact for a Seat Toledo of the same year .

update :

The guy driving the Chery A11 , Sadly died , the 2 other passengers were injured , speed kills .... people watch out

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow that's a nasty accident...

Exactly what hit it? At what speed? Given big enough and fast enough of the vehicle that hit it, any car would be destroyed by a side impact like that.

You all remember the Mercedez Benz S class that Princess Diana died in, right? It became a wad of paper after impact and everyone died and left the driver in severe conditions and a coma, and that is the safest car in the world.

I would not be so quick to say this car is unsafe.

·
Registered
481 Posts
planet earth !

THANK YOU! someone from Planet Earth

I don't own a chery , and I don't like alot of thier products , but I am sure I am going to buy on in the future , I am not just defending for the sake of defending .

If you posted a similar crash for a more popular car , noone would've even replied to this post .

·
Registered
263 Posts
BringIt said:
You all remember the Mercedez Benz S class that Princess Diana died in, right? It became a wad of paper after impact and everyone died and left the driver in severe conditions and a coma, and that is the safest car in the world.

Mercedes and most other western car makers have made significant progress in safety in the last few years. The S class that she drove was a 90's model,
which, though safe for its day, nowadays would get poor safety results. The EuroNCAP (www.euroncap.com) programme was started in the late 90's,
and most of the first cars to be tested had poor results(though crashed also depend on speed and other factors). But you might be surprised to know that Volvo only has three cars (XC90, S40/V50, and I think
another sedan) that have attained 5 stars, while Renault has all but the Twingo and Kangoo (both which will soon be replaced by 5-star models)(
not counting the Dacia Logan or the soon to be gone Clio II/Campus).:lol:
-Here's an example: a late 90's Audi A4 Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Hood 2 stars...ouch.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Doesn't anyone else in the world see the irony between automotive crash-test results, making cars little steel survivable boxes, yet we still sell motorcycles?

How would a brand new Harley fare in an offset crash at 40MPH?

·
Registered
4 Posts
BringIt said:

Exactly what hit it? At what speed? Given big enough and fast enough of the vehicle that hit it, any car would be destroyed by a side impact like that.

Exactly. I tried to post some photo of Honda Accord, which was cut into half. And another civic, which was hit exactly like this one, but system want allow since I did not post 10 posts yet.

No car can sustain a serious side smash like this.

·
Registered
481 Posts
go back to the cave ! now !!

:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
BringIt said:

Everyone died... or just the occupants not wearing seat belts? If you recall the crash was at over 120MPH (200kph) and Dianne, Al Fayed and the drunk driver henri paul from the hotel were not wearing seat belts. Trevor Brown Dianne's security was wearing a seat belt and lived.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts