China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
M14 Statistics?

Does anyone have any stats on the M14. It is one of the few Chinese cars I actually think looks pretty good, but it is useless if it doesn't have a good engine. I would like to know the engine's configuration, displacement, and horsepower output. Price would be interesting to know too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The price for the M14 will be $19,000. I presume the engine will be in an East-west FWD configuration as the design is cab-forward. The engine itself will be a Turbo 4 cylinder (This being the smallest engine to be talked about on the official VV website) and from what I can gather these are the stats for it...

2.0L DGI Petrol
Number of Cylinders: 4
Number ofValves: 16
Displacement: 2000cc
Rated Power/Speed: 144/5500 kW/rpm
Max. Torque/Speed: 290/1500 [email protected]
Fuel Quality: Petrol/Gasoline 95
Emission: EU IV
Overall Dimension(L×W×H): 638×634×670mm
Net Weight: 154.7 kg

·
Registered
49 Posts
144kw = 195hp
290nm = 214lb-ft

America and Britain use horsepower and pound-feet to measure power and torque.

The M14 is starting to sound pretty similar to the VW's new hardtop convertable called the Eos, which will use their 2.0L turbo engine. They weigh about the same too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
E46DinanM3 said:
144kw = 195hp
290nm = 214lb-ft

America and Britain use horsepower and pound-feet to measure power and torque.

The M14 is starting to sound pretty similar to the VW's new hardtop convertable called the Eos, which will use their 2.0L turbo engine. They weigh about the same too.
Wow, nearly 200hp... that's actually competative.. :nod:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Chery M14 in China

Anyone seen a Chery M14 in China yet. Can you buy the car from Chery dealers in China now. How much do they cost and how big is the engine?

·
Registered
561 Posts
the italian designer for the m14 said the headlights were suspost to be based on "Dragon Eyes" or something.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is it definitely going to be produced, or still a 'concept'? Do they have a production date?

I think they are planning to offer it with the Acteco 2.0 16V turbo with direct gasoline injection, which I believe in standard form makes about 170hp (specs are on this site somewhere). After a bit of tuning, I'm sure it could make............. a lot more....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can anyone please tell me where I can find the original image of that M14 in that size or larger? Maybe I can make some M14 art in photoshop as well and post it here when I am done.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts