China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chery & China Auto Brilliance become first Chinese Car brands to meet EU-IV standards

Shanghai. December 14 (Gasgoo.com); Some car models made by Brilliance Auto and Chery Auto have recently passed EU-IV emission tests made by the Environmental Protection Bureau of Beijing.

The Environmental Protection Bureau of Beijing announced earlier this month to implement EU-IV emissions in the city before the Olympic Games next year.

The bureau has recently approved 200 vehicle models that could meet EU-IV emission standards. While the vast majority the 200 models are foreign or joint venture brands, Brilliance and Chery are the only local automakers whose models have been approved by local authorities.

Brilliance Auto has 9 Jingbei passenger vehicle models and 5 Zhonghua sedan models approved by the local authorities.

Chery has one mini-MPV model codenamed Qilin 2 and two sedan models codenamed A1 (1.3 Liter), QQ (1.3 Liter) approved by local authorities.
source: gasgoo.com

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Good for Beijing then. Anyway good work Chery and Brilliance

Btw I am just wondering how Chinese automakers are engaging in development of green cars, hybrid, hydrogen internal combustion engine (I know Chang'an has this ), electric batteries ....etc... Anyone knows ? Please list it if you know

Thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mememe said:
Good for Beijing then. Anyway good work Chery and Brilliance

Btw I am just wondering how Chinese automakers are engaging in development of green cars, hybrid, hydrogen internal combustion engine (I know Chang'an has this ), electric batteries ....etc... Anyone knows ? Please list it if you know

Thanks
i know most manf's are working on a hybrid car, but BYD auto should have the most luck with the electric battery car since they are a battery company and have the r and d and the resources. But i wudnt expect it in the next 1-2 years because they are still concepts

·
Registered
90 Posts
In the west they are publicizing chinas horrible air quality due to industrial pollution. I hope to take my new wife over for a biz/vacation in the next few months and hope that the horrors of pollution are sensationalized.
I am proud of how far and fast china has gone in terms of industry and social advancement, i know that pollution will be defeated just as soon as the industrial basis is established.
Funny, the n.american press we are subjected to no longer speaks about the acid rain canada receives from the US. . . but the fish and wildlife is still dying as america turns to coal fired electrical plants.
I guess deflecting criticism to china prevents an open forum of how america is ruining canadas ecosystems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
bassfisher said:
In the west they are publicizing chinas horrible air quality due to industrial pollution. I hope to take my new wife over for a biz/vacation in the next few months and hope that the horrors of pollution are sensationalized.
I am proud of how far and fast china has gone in terms of industry and social advancement, i know that pollution will be defeated just as soon as the industrial basis is established.
Funny, the n.american press we are subjected to no longer speaks about the acid rain canada receives from the US. . . but the fish and wildlife is still dying as america turns to coal fired electrical plants.
I guess deflecting criticism to china prevents an open forum of how america is ruining canadas ecosystems.

Was just mentioning that in another car forum. The US demonizes China while they are the largest importers of Chinese goods and G.W. Bush wants to build more coal powered hydro plants ...LoL if that is not hypocrisy I don't know what is ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.