China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! What's the engine on Chery Flagcloud? There's is only one version of engine which is expoted to Russia. It's 8-valves 1.6 litres with 94 horse power engine. Who is the father of it's engine?
Mitsubishi - we found that it's not true. Maybe it's AVL?
Some people think that it's Ford's CVH.
Here are some pictures of this engine!
http://chinamobil.ru/chery/amulet/?view=photos&folder=3

Any ideas???

P.S. And who is the father of Chery Flagcloud gear-box? We think it's from VW Golf.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yes, it's origin was ford CVH, they bought the production line, design rights etc. Since then chery has made some modifications with the support of AVL - redesigned the piston crown form and combustion chamber.

gear box I think is basically the same as Golf mk 2 - there is something unusual about the design of clutch/ flywheel.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the red one just has some stainless trims on the wheelarches which for some reason are quite popular in China. adds a bit o' bling! the wheels are standard, ride height looks standard, rear spolier may be an add on but I think that's the new factory one.

the black one has a grille I've never seen before, but it may just be a new model.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm also a bit confused by the F. The cars used to be fitted either with the Chery built 8 valve 1.6 engine (Ford CVH origin) or an imported Tritec engine as per bmw mini (in the flagcloud).

Production of the CVH engine continues, with some improvements, whilst there should now be some cars coming through with 1.6 litre 16 valve AVL developed engines built by Chery. I don't know how you can spot the two apart though. (yet)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
keeping track of the names

As far as I know it is.
It was introduced in August 2004 and is also called the Qiyun 旗云 in China and the Amulet in Russia. It has the SQR 7160 series engine, a 1.6 liter 16 valve Tritec British Ford with CVH technology (same engine as BMW's Mini). Transmission is a CVT made by ZF Freidrichshafen AG, in China I think.

2004 model:
http://che168.car.autohome.com.cn/pic/model_342.htm

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think that confirms it - nobody understands what's under the bonnet. The majority of these cars are now running with a revised version (changed combustion chamber shape, cam profile, recalibrated the management) of the engine which was formerly the Ford CVH. This has one camshaft and 8 valves and is not tritec, not mini.

A small number are also being sold with the 16 valve tritec twin cam engine which is the same as the mini. But not the cooper S version which is supercharged.

There are also reportedly a small number being made with chery's new engine, which is a 16 valve but not the tritec engine. However I have not seen one yet to my knowledge. I don't know if you can tell which engine is used from the badging, the best method is to crawl underneath and look at the engine. The CVH 8 valve engine has the exhaust side on the front and the intake towards the passenger compartment, whilst tritec is the other way around. So look under the front bumper and up, if you can see the exhaust in front of the engine then that's a CVH.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts