China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
that's one big ass engine
I don't think it is the engine that's too big, rather it is the accomodating chassis that's too small.

A5 still rides on a 15 year old 1st generation Seat Toledo chassis afterall, and Seat Toledo was designed with a 1600 cc engine in mind.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I forgot, Seat Toledo was built off second generation Volkswagen Golf chassis. That makes A5 chassis 23 years old. No wonder Chery drooled on Daewoo chassis, which were less than 8 years.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I don't think it is the engine that's too big, rather it is the accomodating chassis that's too small.

A5 still rides on a 15 year old 1st generation Seat Toledo chassis afterall, and Seat Toledo was designed with a 1600 cc engine in mind.
The engine looks like it's taking up half the space of the chassis. Engines on most cars only take up about 1/5th or 1/4th of the chassis space.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I forgot, Seat Toledo was built off second generation Volkswagen Golf chassis. That makes A5 chassis 23 years old. No wonder Chery drooled on Daewoo chassis, which were less than 8 years.

Do you have any pictures of how a second generation SEAT toledo looks like.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Seat Toledo

Chery Fengyen.

When Seat sold factory tooling to Chery upon their pull out from Mexico, they only sold the equipment, not the license to build Toledo. But Chery didn't care anyway.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You should email the government of Mexico and suggest they sue CHERY for illegal vehicle assembling.

Get a life dude, hating is yer attitude?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Nothing, just following your logic.

Hyundai SONATA's predecessor is Stellar of which both the engine and transmission were licensed from Mitsubishi. Stellar itself is the replacement of Ford Cortina which Hyundai had been building under license previously. It used the same chassis from the Cortina Mk V which was first released in 1979.....

Holy...the sonata is actually older than A5....chassis being 27 years old, beating Chery A5! :lol:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Holy...the sonata is actually older than A5....chassis being 27 years old, beating Chery A5!
The only problem with your arguement is that 2006 Sonata cannot actually swap any components with older models, whereas you can take the rear suspension piece from QiYen out and bolt it onto yet unreleased M14.

I wouldn't be shocked if you could repair A50 with 1991 Seat Toledo parts.

·
Registered
772 Posts
They got something even better; a fully operational factory that used to assemble Toledos. Run this factory and Toledos come out.

Little did Seat realize that Chery was buying its plant to reproduce Toledos in China without an authorization.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is SEAT a carmaker from Spain? Why would Chery buy the assembly factory besides to produce cars. Did SEAT think they were buying the factory to use as a musuem? When did they buy the factory in 2001 or 1999?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hold on a sec... Am I missing something?

The M14 will ride on a Seat Toledo/Chery A5 chassis? How do you know??? :confused:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Seat was expecting Chery to produce something OTHER than Toledo.

I hear 1998.
Did they buy the blueprints to the Toledo with the factory. and how much did they pay for the factory?

·
Registered
264 Posts
looks great.....looks more sleek in black..well i guess all cars do

1 - 20 of 183 Posts