China Car Forums banner

Chery Cowin 3 (A5) & Chery E5

214K views 183 replies 65 participants last post by  ALIyerEdon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#4 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I don't think it is the engine that's too big, rather it is the accomodating chassis that's too small.

A5 still rides on a 15 year old 1st generation Seat Toledo chassis afterall, and Seat Toledo was designed with a 1600 cc engine in mind.
The engine looks like it's taking up half the space of the chassis. Engines on most cars only take up about 1/5th or 1/4th of the chassis space.

#9 ·
You should email the government of Mexico and suggest they sue CHERY for illegal vehicle assembling.

Get a life dude, hating is yer attitude?

#10 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I don't think it is the engine that's too big, rather it is the accomodating chassis that's too small.

A5 still rides on a 15 year old 1st generation Seat Toledo chassis afterall, and Seat Toledo was designed with a 1600 cc engine in mind.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
I forgot, Seat Toledo was built off second generation Volkswagen Golf chassis. That makes A5 chassis 23 years old. No wonder Chery drooled on Daewoo chassis, which were less than 8 years.
Nothing, just following your logic.

Hyundai SONATA's predecessor is Stellar of which both the engine and transmission were licensed from Mitsubishi. Stellar itself is the replacement of Ford Cortina which Hyundai had been building under license previously. It used the same chassis from the Cortina Mk V which was first released in 1979.....

Holy...the sonata is actually older than A5....chassis being 27 years old, beating Chery A5! :lol:

#11 ·
Holy...the sonata is actually older than A5....chassis being 27 years old, beating Chery A5!
The only problem with your arguement is that 2006 Sonata cannot actually swap any components with older models, whereas you can take the rear suspension piece from QiYen out and bolt it onto yet unreleased M14.

I wouldn't be shocked if you could repair A50 with 1991 Seat Toledo parts.

#23 ·
more false info as Usual

Chery aquired the Blueprints/Chasis of the 1993 Toledo from a Mexican dealership after authorization from SEAT , if it was not licensed or authoirzed , SEAT would have STEPPED ON chery and kicked it out of buisness by now .

I Have no idea about the m14 , and I dont want to know about it , I dont like such small cars , chinese or not .

again , if you visited VVcars ( your chery dealer in the USA )
and watched the Video for the factory , you will know that this is not some shitty chinese company just trying to make replicas, they are very ambitious and hard working people , trying to set foot on the global automarket place

and one more thing MR i really hate china
you said something about chery staying at home and beating the foriegn domestic cars at home

just to let you know , Chery came at 3RD place in ChineeseCar Sales in the last months of 2006

selling more than very popular famous car makes in the world and in china

I think the number was 32,000

and one more info for you
you assumed once that chery wants to make 500-1000$ form evry car they sell

actualy Chery makes $62 from each Chery QQ sold .

I have the sources if you want to look at them .

#24 ·
Chery aquired the Blueprints/Chasis of the 1993 Toledo from a Mexican dealership after authorization from SEAT , if it was not licensed or authoirzed , SEAT would have STEPPED ON chery and kicked it out of buisness by now .
Well, VW tried to stop Chery from using its parts in Qiyun and Fengyun by filing a lawsuit in a Chinese court but failed. Likewise GM sued Chery to have QQ production stopped but failed yet again because of biased Chinese court.

So don't blame VW and GM for "not taking" any legal actions; they did. But the Chinese court won't listen to foreigner's complaints.

again , if you visited VVcars ( your chery dealer in the USA )
and watched the Video for the factory , you will know that this is not some shitty chinese company just trying to make replicas, they are very ambitious and hard working people , trying to set foot on the global automarket place
Yea, $1 billion for the factory and $0 for R&D. Why? Because defining single chassis structure can cost $500 million, half Chery's worth.

you assumed once that chery wants to make 500-1000$ form evry car they sell. actualy Chery makes $62 from each Chery QQ sold .
And does Chery also make $62 from its all other models? Is it even desirable to make $62 per car? It takes 20 QQ sales to match the profit from sales of single Corolla. Or 50 QQs for the profit from single Accord or Sonata.

I have the sources if you want to look at them.
I knew of Chery's QQ profit margin but this is unhealthy. You need a cash reserve of $3~4 billion to run an active R&D program. The only way Chery can generate that kind of cash is asking for its home city government's handouts or going public.

#25 ·
What time periode do you live in, stoneage? It's 2006 dude, no offense but Chinese is the money lord now, you see those french are begging us for more airbus contracts and Japanese and Germans are like fighting like mad to sell us their express train.......

3~4 billion is a lot money, but you need more to scare away the Chinese.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.