1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Definitely it's photoshopped~ :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Really nice looking vehical, love it, and only 99 999 RMB sweet, too bad its not in Canada. The only thing that gets me is the name, i mean "eastar"???, dont you mean easter as it the egg? i know the original name is oriental son and theres lots of blah blah blah about it but i dont think changing the name to eastar would kill it especially if it wants to come to north america. and i know the chinese name is dong fang zi zhi or something (dont really know alot about pingying) and they want to making it feel really chinese style car, or very long de chwan run (again i suck at this pingying/ zhuying stuff). but i think if chery wants to go international, it better start with good names not like A11 of S12 etc, but actually names such as gallardo,aveo, or enzo.

·
Registered
627 Posts
99,999RMB is for the manual transmission with no leather, sunroof, or foglights. For an automatic with leather, sunroof, and other options is going to cost more.

·
Registered
772 Posts
$15,737.95

Well, you could buy a 2006 Daewoo Magnus(redesigned for 2006) for that money. In other word, no price difference between Korean production and Chinese production.

Actually, Daewoo version comes with a 6 banger instead of a 4 banger, so Daewoo version is technically cheaper.

·
Registered
627 Posts
But for that price does Daewoo come with leather seats, sunroof, power win/dl/s, alloy wheels, climate control, power drivers seat, 8 speaker stereo, traction control, on board computer?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The chevrolet spark cost $1000 more than Chery QQ. For $1000 more you don't get alloy wheels, power w/dl/s, alarm security system, keyless entry, 4 speaker cd stereo, tachometer with digital odometer. Anyone who buy Chevrolet spark is crazy to pay more and get less features.

·
Registered
772 Posts
But for that price does Daewoo come with leather seats
That Son of Orient doesn't have leather seats. Clearly vinyl seats.

$450 Extra

power win/dl/s
Standard

alloy wheels
Standard

climate control
Standard

power drivers seat
I don't know about this one.

8 speaker stereo
6 speaker stereo standard

traction control
I don't know about this one.

on board computer?
A trip computer standard

And there are a number of other features not on Son of Orient, like power folding side mirrors, dual airbags, a 6 banger engine standard, etc. So Daewoo is actually a better value than a Chery, thereby proving that Chinese auto manufacturing doesn't really have the cost advantage that many Chinese falsely perceive to have. This was already testified by companies like Honda and Hyundai building cars in China, but Chinese find it hard to believe.

This is the reason why GM imports 1 million+ cars/year from Korea and not from China.

The chevrolet spark cost $1000 more than Chery QQ.
That's because Chinese market Spark has a higher quality relative to QQ. And also add the 10% import duty and shipping on Spark(Spark is built from an imported knocked down kit). And GM likes to actually make some money on Spark, unlike Chery making $50 on each QQ sold.

Manufacturing cost wise there is no difference between a Spark and a QQ, although the Spark has higher quality.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts