China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
hmm.....

I'm just wonder if the chery has a capability to make the change from the original model.:confused:

I used to drive a magnus as it was my father's car and now my younger brother drives it. Even the interior is identical and little bit change at the front gril and the front headlight. I think the chery would be able to get out from any legal issues by making some changes to it. But I don't see any of it and doubt if they're even able to make the change from the original one.

The attached pictures are the picture of used magnus 2000 yr version, which is for a sale. This car has a mileage of 190,000Km :eek:. For me, it doesn't look like just "inspired".

So,it's just my thought that the chery is building this car to gain some experience of mid size sedan, but I'll be suprised if they export this one:nono:

Hyundai also assembled the old version of Mitz pajero under the license(of course only for the domestic market) for 10 yrs in Korea. Then, they built the their own AWD called "terracan".

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
superidler said:
Hyundai also assembled the old version of Mitz pajero under the license(of course only for the domestic market) for 10 yrs in Korea. Then, they built the their own AWD called "terracan".
Actually from what I read in the Australian Wheels magazine, the old gen pajero underpins the Terracan, "Chassis wise I mean". The engines and other external and internal components all belong to Hyundai.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yeah.... I won't surprise if they did. Coz they never produced that class before rather than old version pajero. In fact, those AWD class in korea had been dominated by ssangyong, which is under shanghai motor now.

Anyway, I'm in Sydney AXLE. And I find that the review of Hyundai in Australia is quite mean compare to the review from US. What do you think?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Daewoo no longer exists....:lol: :lol:

Even in Korea, it is called "GM Daewoo"......

·
Registered
459 Posts
superidler said:
yeah.... I won't surprise if they did. Coz they never produced that class before rather than old version pajero. In fact, those AWD class in korea had been dominated by ssangyong, which is under shanghai motor now.

Anyway, I'm in Sydney AXLE. And I find that the review of Hyundai in Australia is quite mean compare to the review from US. What do you think?
Yeah they tend to endorse their own home-grown brands more such as Holden and Ford. Hyundai manufactures good quailty, nicely priced cars and I would definately take a Hyundai over a Holden. I don't really favor any modern GM vehicles apart from the Corvette.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
quality level and attention to detail

hazik said:
the holes for the license plate mounting are misaligned....that kind of quality won't get the job done if we're going upmarket ...

time for the quality circle to do a fault analysis....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well i dont think its an illegal replica, i think chery is somehow making work with daewoo. Here in Egypt, Chery models are assembled in the Daewoo factory.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i dont think this is the newest eastar, the newest model has the chery logo directly in the center of the grill

21 - 40 of 104 Posts