China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
yep, they have a branch close to my house. I have not seen it yet.My GF who is Chinese ( love her to death), i think in a year i will buy her a car so she does not catch the train all the time when I am at work she has to go to her JOB. I am FILIPINO and Thank you china for making extremely affordable cars.I like the Geely CE hatch back though.Not a fan of the chey j1 or j11 might change my mind just look at the price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chery have a much wider dealer list across Australia compared to Great Wall, with vastly more dealerships in city areas, understandable given the Chery product range.

The J1 cannot be sold in the state of Victoria though due to local state law requiring all new cars sold to be ESP equipped. :eek::nono:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, they have a branch close to my house. I have not seen it yet.My GF who is Chinese ( love her to death), i think in a year i will buy her a car so she does not catch the train all the time when I am at work she has to go to her JOB. I am FILIPINO and Thank you china for making extremely affordable cars.I like the Geely CE hatch back though.Not a fan of the chey j1 or j11 might change my mind just look at the price.
Perhaps the Chery J3 (A3) will suit your tastes and budgets when its released :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chery decreased starting price of J1 (A1 in China) to just 10,990 AUD. According to goauto.com.au that sort of retail price has not been seen in Australia since 1991!

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/E7406A5B94233BA1CA257880004C09C0
Yes, the AUD, possibly the 'strongest' currency in the world at the present will have helped the discounting. It'll be interesting to see if Proton (and others) follows Chery in lowering prices.

Something of an interesting price comparison with a 5 year old Holden Commodore which for non Aus/NZ people is a large 3.6 litre V6 rear wheel drive sedan. Because Australia is a large country -> leading to large driving distances, such a vehicle 5 years old would likely have over 100,000 km on the odometer, and with it's comparitively heavy fuel use would unlikely be a realistic comparison for a potential Chery J1 (A1) buyer.

·
Administrator
16,861 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
From caradvice.com.au.

31/05/11.

"2011 Chery J1 cash back extended, price remains $10,990.

The Chery J1 will continue to hold the outright title of ‘Australia’s cheapest car’ throughout June and beyond, despite the $1000 cash back offer officially ending today.

Daniel Cotterill from Chery Motors’ Australian importer, Ateco Automotive, said the Chinese-sourced Chery J1 five-door hatchback would continue to be sold for $11,990 driveaway with $1000 cash back (making the total price just $10,990) while exchange rates remained favourable.

“It has always been our intention to continue to offer it at that price ($10,990) and we will continue to do so while it remains commercially viable,” he said.

Mr Cotterill said it was his understanding that the cash back offer had to be accompanied by an end date to comply with consumer laws, but admitted Ateco and Chery had little intention of removing the incentive at the end of this month.

“While the dollar stays high, we’ll keep doing it.”
The cash back program was launched on April 28, with Chery Automotive Australia general manager Dinesh Chinnappa confirming the brand was happy to “pass on the benefit of the strong Australian dollar to the Australian car buying public”.

After two months on sale in Australia, 95 Chery J1 vehicles were registered across the country (except in Victoria, where the J1 is banned due to its lack of electronic stability control). May sales figures will be released in the coming days, which will give us an indication of how popular the cash back offer has been.

Mr Cotterill said it was still “very early days” for the brand and it was difficult to determine the success of price reduction after such a short time, but admitted the $1000 cash back offer was a tremendous incentive for people in the market for an inexpensive new light car.

The 2011 Chery J1 is powered by a 1.3-litre petrol engine with 62kW of power and 122Nm of torque. Its combined cycle fuel consumption is 6.7 litres/100km.

Standard features include alloy wheels, air-conditioning, six-speaker CD player and electric windows and mirrors.

Safety features include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD and front seatbelt pretensioners, although it misses out on side and curtain airbags and ESC.

All Chery vehicles are covered by a three-year, 100,000km warranty in Australia."

·
Registered
938 Posts
Besides the Mahindra Pik-Up according to the article ;)
The Great Wall SA220, V240 also received 2 stars only, while the Chery J1 and Geely MK both received a 3 star rating and the Great Wall X240 4 stars.
about wingle....during driving in bosnia i had a car accident where local bus hit my car from behind, damage was really heavy but i didn't have any injury, so i can say from personal expiriance that wingle is very safe car :D

about chery...it's pitty that care receive only two star, i think chery will very soon offer re-designed version, however italian versions are different and have quite good result

1 - 20 of 22 Posts