source: Curierul NationalAugust 05, 2009 - Sixt New Kopel will import to the Romanian market cars of the Chinese manufacturer Chery Automobile, following a partnership signed on 27 July, and the distribution will begin after the cars will receive a type-approval certificate in accordance with the European Union norms, the company announced on Tuesday.
Thus, New Kopel becomes exclusive importer of all brands of Chery cars in Romania, reads a release of the operational leasing and car rental company.
"Chery was not the only company we had in view but, after many efforts and market studies, finally proved to be the best solution," said the general manager of Sixt New Kopel, Dudy Perry.
Carmaker Chery Automobile was founded in 1997 and is controlled by the Chinese state. The first car was manufactured in 1999. Chery produces several models, such as A1, QQ3, QQ6, A3 Hatchback, A3, A5, Eastar, Eastar Cross, Cowin, Tiggo, Karry and Riich.
New Kopel is controlled by the Israeli group Schlomo, which entered the Romanian market in 2005 by taking over Union Motors, and in May 2006 acquired the license for Romania of Sixt, one of the biggest German companies specialised in car rental services.
In February this year, Sixt New Kopel and AAA Auto Group (Czech Republic) established a joint venture company called AAA New Kopel, in order to market second-hand cars, cars previously owned by Sixt and used under leasing contracts.
Sixt New Kopel controls 95% of the new entity, while AAA Auto Group the remaining 5%, with an option to increase its stake up to 49%.
The operational leasing and car rental company operates in Bucharest, Iaşi, Bacău, Constanţa, Timişoara, Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu and Braşov.
Last year, the company concluded contracts worth a total of 80 million euros in Romania, twice the results reported in 2007, and estimates a 50% contract value increase, to 120 million euros, against the backdrop of the development of this market.
eurocarfreak said:hello simtopia, what is the meaning of dr logo? u mean i can only purchase chery car in italy?
When I get to 10 posts I'll put the gallery of DR models.DR Motor Company is an Italian company, founded in 2006 by Massimo Di Risio in macchia d'isernia import and assemble models of Chery cars under license and marketed in Italy with his own brand. Not currently produces vehicles but imports cars produced by Chinese car manufacturer, assembling them takes place in the headquarters of the Italian, but the marketing is done through an agreement with a network of supermarkets and hypermarkets. The company is headquartered in Macchia d'Isernia in Molise. Is part of the parent DR Automobiles Groupe.
The first car marketed by the house is an SUV, called DR5, derived from Chery Tiggo. This model was presented, along with the 3-door version (called DR3), with a prototype at 31 º Bologna Motor Show in 2006. The first unit under the brand Dr "born" on 15 November 2007, this is an opportunity for the DR5 and Massimo Di Risio celebrated the moment with the symbolic gesture to screw the last bolt of the car. At the end of 2008, at the Bologna Motor Show, the other two models are presented, again derived from House Chinese Chery models, it is the DR3, a 3-door compact SUV marketed as a 3-door version of DR5 and a small city car named DR1. Even this small car, follows the strategy of DR5, which is a Chery Fair, with some aesthetic differences in detail. In Geneva is also presented virtually DR2, a subcompact 5-door also of Chinese origin, derived from the Chery A1. In addition, importation of care Saleen S7 supercar.
dr is a private company in italy who are having their own "production" of chery tiggo models, they put in them fiat engines, 1.6 gasoline and 1.9 jtd, also they have italian national homologation which is not valid for whole EU, esepcially for G.B because you have sterring wheel on the right sideeurocarfreak said:hello simtopia, what is the meaning of dr logo? u mean i can only purchase chery car in italy?
Oh yes I forgot that in England there is the left-hand drivemicodelija said:dr is a private company in italy who are having their own "production" of chery tiggo models, they put in them fiat engines, 1.6 gasoline and 1.9 jtd, also they have italian national homologation which is not valid for whole EU, esepcially for G.B because you have sterring wheel on the right side
you can inform more from the website: www.drmotor.it