China Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently visited the vvcars website to look through their featured videos again. I noticed that in one of the videos they show what looks to be a design studio filled with sketches and various drawings, either being worked on or hanging on the walls. I decided that I could do some screen shots of the video just to study some of the designs which I presumed to be potential upcoming vehicles from Chery... thats when I realised something. (Real_I_hate_china is gonna love this one!!!) One of the sketches was of an existing vehicle, a Volkswagen Touareg to be exact. :nono:

Maybe this whole section of the video was just for show, seeing as they are hiring Pinafarina and Bertone to pen the designs for upcoming vehicles but its still not a good thing to point out, especially since there are many Chinese car companies that "borrow" design cues from many other established car manufactures.

Here are the photos, they pretty much speak for themselves...

·
Registered
249 Posts
lol AXLE i gotta give it to you...you are damn good with video/pics edit and have a good eye...

you are the official P.I. of the board

...thats crazy how u found a duplicate pic

·
Registered
561 Posts
maby the designer just stuck the pic up there to get some ideas for another design. nice observations though

·
Registered
507 Posts
Axle,

Wow, can't believe you caught that!!!!!!! How can you even recognize that sketch as a VW is beyond me... amazing.

I think the design studio is for real. Chery do design their own cars for domestic and 3rd world markets. They only tap Italy design houses for VV's purposes. (I think).

The VW sketch could be for "inspiration" purposes...

·
Registered
135 Posts
m14 said:
Do you have any picture of the Chery Saloon? does it have another name?
Assuming that the Easter and the Tiggo are not the Sedan and SUV Chery is introducing to the United States, the only models we have seen are the V5 crossover and the M14 convertible. Perhaps I am being to hard on Chery, but you would think that if they are planning on enter the U.S. market in 2007/2008 they would have completed the five models by now in order to trouble shoot the cars and attract potential investors.

Maybe the Chery SUV will become a direct competitor to the Tourag, becoming a crossover that has the on road performance of the car without sacrificing off road prowess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts