China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
That styling would go GREAT on a car around the same size as the oriental sun. Very good looking design cues, but on a small car it looks too cute. They should have been applied onto a larger car.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks alot better than other cars of the same size. Chevy Aveo, Kia Rio, Daewoo Lanos II.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Tire is too skinny.

And I am not sure if Matiz chassis could take another stretch that Chery did; there is a good reason why Daewoo designed another chassis of QQ6's size and not stretch Matiz. Excessive stretching weakens the chassis strength.

·
Registered
627 Posts
outofin said:
http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2006-07-07/1456198652.shtml
Though some of you don't speak Chinese, you can see some great pictures from the link.
I'm posting a few below.
let me translate the article. It saids the car formerly known as Chery S21 is now renamed Chery QQ6. It will come with 2 engine choices, a 1.1 liter and a 1.3 liter. The car will be on sale in August, 1 month from now. This is the 3rd new vehicle launch this year by Chery, Chery A5 and Chery V5 crossover were the other 2 new vehicles.

some more pics

·
Registered
561 Posts
outofin said:
http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2006-07-07/1456198652.shtml
Though some of you don't speak Chinese, you can see some great pictures from the link.
I'm posting a few below.

i think the car looks pretty good, other than the small wheels and the space between the wheel and fenders. but what the heck, the QQ6 only has a 1.1 or 1.6 L engine, with bigger wheels you wont have enough torque to start you up. The interior is pretty, but i dont really like the speedometer on the center of the dash.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Well the good thing is they are following the QQ success, it looks like a sedan themed QQ..

I can understand why they made the design the way they did, but i dont know if it was the right decision

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anything called QQ will sell. Chery sold 120,000 QQ's last year, and this year will sell 160,000 QQ's plus exports of over 15,000 QQ's. I think the S12 will be called QQ7 or QQ5. You put the original QQ + QQ6 +QQ7, Chery may sell 300,000 QQ's next year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think the car is a good follow up to the QQ. Looks like a bit better manufactured and put together.

BTW, nowadays I just ignore China Hater's comments whenever I see the idiot's name. I suggest everyone else do the same.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It might not look very pretty but at least it is Chery's own design and not copied from someone else :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Tire is too skinny.

And I am not sure if Matiz chassis could take another stretch that Chery did; there is a good reason why Daewoo designed another chassis of QQ6's size and not stretch Matiz. Excessive stretching weakens the chassis strength.
What do you mean 'not sure'. It was designed by our fellow Korean countrymen, therefore it's perfect.

Anyway these Chinese idiots on this forum can't check whether you're right or not because they only just came down from the trees, most of them still use an abacuus for mathemetics - they're not so good at internet searches, can't access the depth of information that we have at our disposal. So just say it as if it's fact and get on with it.

You and I gotta do something to stop these guys eroding the precious Korean and American car industries. Spread the word, keep the faith.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts