China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The starting price for the QQ611 is 39,800 and the 613 is 45,800 - not a bad deal at all. Both the 611 and 613 offer airbags and ABS as options so there are plenty of choices for the buyer........not to mention 7 different colors available!!
does the starting price include basic options like power steering, a/c, & power windows? if it does, then those are really attractive prices. also, does this model replace the qq3, or will the qq3 continue in the chery lineup?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The disc/drum brakes are solid and the pedal has decent sensitivity to it. Nothing earth shattering with any of this..........but a decently well built small car. Fit and finish overall was quite good with no obvious problems - it appears that the car is put together pretty well.
i'm surprised that they still retained the front disc/rear drum brakes feature. why didn't chery go for all-disc brakes for this new model? that would have improved the sensitivity.

how would you rate the fit & finish against, say, the geely hq , the hafei lobo, or the byd flyer?

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey, jmsteiny, many thanks for the critique. so you would consider the qq6 near the top of its class-chinese-branded economy car w/ engine displacement of 1300cc & less. do you think that the qq6 will compare favorably w/ the chevy spark, the hyundai getz & the kia picanto? don't know if these models are available in china, but these would be in the same class if we were to market the qq6 in our market. my feeling is that if the fit & finish are comparable to the competition, w/ features equal, a price difference of $3,000 may entice people to buy chinese, or in this case, the chery qq6. what's your take?

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks again, jmsteiny for the review. i just read your comprehensive review of the xiali c1 on a different thread. am i right in saying that the higher price tag of the xiali c1 would be due to the fact that it has a toyota engine? do you think that the chinese auto makers purposely add a premium to licensed branded engines when they calculate their selling prices? if so, do you think that this goes down well w/ chinese consumers? would they go for a local brand w/ a branded engine vs. say, a foreign brand in the same class-for instance, the chevy spark? or is everything dependent on the price & nothing else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts