China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the fate of oddballs

What does he mean by "oddball"?

The (first) Beetle was odd looking but great marketing made it a fantastic success:) . As for Echo (Yaku), it too was odd looking and could have been a success, particularly among the college crowd, but the marketing was a disaster:( . Under the hood was so easily serviceable that you could send a 10 year old to change the filters.

Where will QQ6 stack up against those two is anyone's guess. One thing's for sure....it does look odd:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
payback justice

gr8 said:
i dont really get what your trying to say:nono:
The Japanese spent centuries copying Chinese art, architecture and culture. Copies of the Chinese pagoda in the photo can be found all around Japan.

The other photo shows how the Chinese have done a little copying of their own as seen in the photo of the Toyota lookalike door handle on the Chery Tiggo. But now in today's global marketplace the "rule of law" and IPR have become business catchphrases and so Honda and Toyota sue Great Wall and Geely for copying their IP.

I guess its the statute of limitations that prevents China from sueing Japan for all the copying that the island nation did from about the 8th century onward.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
clever marketing

It's said that the QQ6 front was meant to look like a smiling face.

This car seems to be aimed at the female car buying market. It's got a chubby cherubic look to it and that's what the girls find attractive. If they put some fur on it the girls would hug it like a teddy bear.

Maybe they should change those lips on the front end air intake to a blush red instead of chrome plate......

The (Qute) QQ may become a household name and help Chery win the hearts of women all over China.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
automatic in QQ

Hey JM you didn't mention anything about the availability of an automatic. I'm curious...I thought that the QQ3 lineup had a QQ EZdrive model for about Y41,000.
fmohiy called it a steptronic here on CCF awhile back........
Is it available in the QQ6 series?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder who makes that QQ3 automatic... Jatco??

And thanks for that comprehensive critique following your firsthand look at the QQ6.

Thanks also to egytuner for the excellent photos. It's hard to find fault with that fit and finish both inside and out.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts