1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
16,864 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Maybe................

OK, I have a question regarding the QQ5...............is this going to be ANOTHER member of the QQ family?? I know the reports many of us have read so far indicate that it is.............but I'm starting to wonder if this might simply be the SECOND GENERATION of the QQ3??? Think about it.........the present QQ3 isn't Chery's design at all (and we all know about that story). I can see Chery wanting to "distance" itself (over a reasonable period of time) from the whole Matiz/Spark ordeal - and the QQ5 could be the answer for that. While the QQ has been a HUGE sales success, there HAS always been a bit of confusion regarding it........."is it a QQ? Is it a Spark?? Well, it's ONE of those!!" If you were a car company, would YOU want your best-seller to be constantly confused with some other company's car??? I did a VERY unscientific experiment regarding the QQ5.......I showed one of the pics that Martin posted to my girlfriend (a smart girl but not really a car person). I told her NOTHING about the car, I just asked her "what do you think"? Anyone want to guess what her first words were?? "Oh, a QQ". IMMEDIATE brand recognition!! (BTW, she NEVER knew that the QQ6 was a Chery until I told her) Why? Well, let's look at this new QQ5 - the front end has a VERY STRONG resemblance to the current QQ3 (note the headlights and the signature Chery smile between the headlights), much more than the QQ6. Look at the overall dimensions - it is much closer in size to the QQ3 than the QQ6 is..........WHY would Chery make a new QQ model that is SO CLOSE in size to the QQ3? The QQ6 makes sense - it's larger and has it's own sense of styling, but the QQ5.........I think it would create buyer confusion to have the QQ3 and QQ5 selling side by side. I can see Chery bringing the QQ5 to market, advertising the heck out of it and then phasing out the QQ3. It is possible that when the QQ5 starts getting heavily promoted, it might even be ADVERTISED as the replacement for the QQ3!! Anyone else have any more opinions on this? Any more info??

As far as when this model is due to come to market? Erik Laofan posted a GREAT listing of ALL upcoming chinese car models and when they are due to be released.........but I can't find that posting anymore (it's somewhere on the forum)!! IF I remember correctly, I think that the QQ5 is due for a 2008 release sometime in the first quarter.....I THINK.

·
Registered
459 Posts
They are still bringing this out? Chinese girls are gonna be all over this one. I can picture it now, rows of stuffed animals facing the back window, Hello kitty stickers dotting the car and pink seat covers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd ride this , I prefer it 10000000 times more than the original dated QQ .

At least it looks from these ages ... but what in the world is that door handle in the exterior ??? a sliding door ? ???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, it it came to Egypt as Speranza with a low price tag, I'm pretty sure it'll sell

Although right now I'm dying to get an A213!

·
Registered
84 Posts
O QQ5 é para mim, um carro de baixo custo feito para ficar abaixo do QQ3 em preço. Vejam a assimetria de portas, interior de portas, parachoques dianteiros e traseiros(que são os mesmos). Tudo feito para reduzir peças e custos de produção. Não acredito que ele seja o futuro QQ3, mas um tipo de Ford Ka da Chery. Vendo as fotos, não consegui notar algo que possa fazer com que todas as portas, em uma versão com 4 portas, pudessem ser assimetricas. Ou seja, todas serem a mesma peça.
Para mim, o QQ5 é uma outra opção de Chery para o consumidor. O QQ3 do futuro, deve estar sendo estudado com muita atenção. Eu também não vejo, como a Chery manter ele no mercado com um sósia na GM...

·
Registered
481 Posts
this is an ENGLISH speaking forums for gods sake !!

·
Registered
150 Posts
lol @ cryptonx :D

I'd buy this QQ5, better looks than QQ3... but im waiting for A113 to come here :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm afraid the A113 is a little over priced in Egypt, it's only 2000 LE cheaper than the A213!

·
Registered
63 Posts
:thumb: He is very interesting mainly with the sliding doors. Single I know a car with a system opening of doors seemed, PEUGEOT 1007.

·
Registered
481 Posts
FaWzY said:
I'm afraid the A113 is a little over priced in Egypt, it's only 2000 LE cheaper than the A213!
I am afraid , ur wrong , its not over-priced at all

its the same Chasis ( Chery QQ - Daewoo Matiz ) same exact engine , same specs , same features and equipment , the only diffrence is that this is a hatcback and the other version is a compact .

Daewoo Lanos 66,000 , Daewoo Lanos Hatcback ( Julliet ) 69,000

even the Hatchback version of the Renault Megane costs more than the Sedane version , the Hatchback version of the Daewoo Lacetti ( Chevorlet Optra Sport ) is much more expensive than the Sedan Optra .

So in cherys case the HATCBACK is cheaper , prettier than the ugly A213 .
its not over priced at all , its a matter of taste .

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know where you're coming from, I even like the A113 more, the interior looks MUCH better than A213, and I know about the hatchbacks costing more and stuff, I had a Juliet, but A113 is a Kei car, not a hatchback, same like the Daehatsu Charade and Sirion, which I find already overpriced, I know it's a matter of taste and all, but it's still a Kei car, but definitely better than the Picanto, and MUCH cheaper too...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Chery creates cancerous tumor

Before we get knocked for dissing Cherys latest offering, the QQ5, we’d like to point out we are great fans of Chery. They are the first ‘proper’ Chinese car company with good looking designs that have sold well all over the world, if any independent Chinese car company is going to hit the big time in Europe and the USA, its Chery, but they aint gotta get no where with the QQ5.

Just what where the Wuhu boys thinking of, or smoking, for that matter when they decided to put the Chery WOW concept into production without changing a thing from the concept? China Car Times understands that concept cars are supposed to be a little bit whacky and out there, but this QQ5 really pushes the envelope!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think Chery was going for the mini-cute type of thing, like the Nissan Micra or something, but this is a little hard to accept.

After going back to page one of this thread and seeing the front end, I think that there may very well be a market for the female persuasion for this Chery QQ5.

And, as I look at more and more Chinese cars, I am zeroing in on Chery Motors as my favorite Chinese manufacturer, indeed. Maybe they have more of the "Western" carmaker feel to them, dunno, I just prefer them to the others. I am looking at all of them with an open mind, though, yes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts