China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
its a marketing campaign by chery ,

The poster / flyer you showed tells :

" Spend 100 AED ( United arab emirates Derhams ) and win a Chery QQ "
starts from 29,000 AED ( purchase price )

I am annoyed by the fact that the V525 is for sale already there and not even here !! Any ideas if Chery is planning to Assemble the V5 here as well just like the A5 ?

However I am not sure if the QQ is going to sell well there , its a rich nation , no taxes and no customs on imported stuff , which means cars are dirt cheap there compared to the rest of the arab world , so buying a 28,000 car QQ isnt really going to go ...

However I picture the V5 is going to do very well there , since there's alot AND I MEAN ALOT of Americans living in Dubai , this must be thier lifetime chance to test the chery they are going to see in the near future at thier homes .

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree that Dubai will be very hard for Chery to crack. It is a small but very rich country, Mercedes are like Honda Civics there.

But on the other hand, its population is very small and probably unimportant for Chery's overall strategy anyways. The cars look good though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i been to Dubai several times, nice place too, people are very rich and cars and petrol are cheap, and got roads to die for. Sorry to put it bluntly, but Chinese cars have no chance there at the moment.

chery needs to take that car to egypt where it will sell better

·
Registered
280 Posts
AS OF NOW, Chinese cars will have great difficulty selling in Dubai. But after a decade or two, after they improve their quality and reputation, they will have a chance.

BTW, why are you named God Bless Japan? Are you trying to taunt us Chinese?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Edge, 1st of all i am taunting no one with my username

2nd, Chinese cars quality will not help sell more in dubai in 2 decades because these cars have no image. Hyundai, daewoo also suffer for this reason. countries like pakistan, egypt, india is where chinese cars should try to sell

·
Registered
297 Posts
the outskirts of dubai isnt as rich as u think...so there might be a niche market there for chery

·
Registered
280 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
Hi Edge, 1st of all i am taunting no one with my username

2nd, Chinese cars quality will not help sell more in dubai in 2 decades because these cars have no image. Hyundai, daewoo also suffer for this reason. countries like pakistan, egypt, india is where chinese cars should try to sell

Well, thirty years ago, Japanese cars also had no image. How do you think Honda and Toyota started out?

I think once Chinese cars get their quality up, they will sell.

·
Registered
132 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
doubt it, try egypt, better chance there:p :nod:

LOL @ god_bless_japan.

You really need to have a in depth look at the country. I go to Dubai every year for LNG business, there are so many foreign workers in the country working as waiters, janitors, clerks... the total of these immigrants seasonal workers exceed the total population of this tiny country. Start from low segment is still the best strategy.

korean crap makers will be the first victim, japs next. Rich folks love European prestige brands, low class guys are price sensitive and it works against japs somewhere out in middle east.

By the way, Nissan really isn't a japanes car company, its french, dont live in denial.

"God bless America" was the phase used by US pilots when they dropped nukes on Japs in WWII, God seems have never blessed Japs, dont count on him to bless jap cars.

:lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
44% is owned by Renault - wow, that's like, more than half, isn't it?

So by the same logic, a good majority of the Chinese Auto manufacturers aren't Chinese?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
44% means it is the biggest shareholder, all other shareholders plus public shareholders make up the 56%.

That means Chair and CEO are appointed by Renault. YOSHIKAZU HANAWA was the last jap who got to hold the position of chairman of Nissan. It has been Frenchman Carlos Ghosn as Chair and CEO ever since 2001, so tell me that Nissian is Japanese.

Rock-N-Roll said:
So by the same logic, a good majority of the Chinese Auto manufacturers aren't Chinese?
By the same logic, a good majority of the Chinese Auto manufacturers aren't Non-chinese. :lol: Got it???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
44% means it is the biggest shareholder, all other shareholders plus public shareholders make up the 56%.

That means Chair and CEO are appointed by Renault. YOSHIKAZU HANAWA was the last jap who got to hold the position of chairman of Nissan. It has been Frenchman Carlos Ghosn ever since 2001, so tell me Nissan is controlled by japanese.

Rock-N-Roll said:
By the same logic, a good majority of the Chinese Auto manufacturers aren't Non-chinese. :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
LOL @ god_bless_japan.

:lol:

I didnt know Japan "is" a Christian nation......

When someone puts Japan and God together, some japs are gonna suffer. :lol:

and later,"pafff...." there go the craps made in the Republic of Kimchiland.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts