China Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Chery dealer today, the V5 looks great from the outside. The dashboard is a bit of a let down, but I think its an excellent buy.

Me and Mrs. Chinacartimes are looking for two cars right now, we both want Chinese cars (it would look bad for business otherwise :D) She wants a Tiggo or the GW Hover, I want the V5.

The rear seats of the Chery V5 are really high, much higher than the driver, and front passengers. The rear leg room is decent enough for a tall guy (Im not that tall) the rear rear seats, the 6th/7th seats are a bit too small for anybody but kids. We dont have any kids yet, but now we have car seats for five.

Im worried that the car is pretty big and the 2.0 engine I was looking at wont have enough 'umph' on the highway. I think I will look at the bigger V6 model or perhaps the 1.9TD version when they get them in.

The Tiggo is nothing too great, but Mrs. China Car Times quite likes it. Its a great saving over Toyota RAV 4 though. Ill post some pics up and a better review soon.:thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, good luck with your search, I find the V5 is quite attractive myself :D.
I think its good you're buying Chinese, as long as safety and quality aren't on the top of your list(sorry, but its true). If I were going to buy Chinese, I'd buy Brilliance(Zhonghua), but I imagine they're a bit pricey (I googled the price and it said about 165,000RMB(?), and I think the V5 starts at around 108,000 and goes upto 150,000 (something like that, please correct me if I'm wrong).
Why do you have to buy Chinese? Couldn't you just buy one Chinese and one
JV(ex: Dongfeng-Citroën:D ). Right, well good luck then. :3monkeys: :cool2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
chinacartimes said:
Went to the Chery dealer today, the V5 looks great from the outside. The dashboard is a bit of a let down, but I think its an excellent buy.

Me and Mrs. Chinacartimes are looking for two cars right now, we both want Chinese cars (it would look bad for business otherwise :D) She wants a Tiggo or the GW Hover, I want the V5.

The rear seats of the Chery V5 are really high, much higher than the driver, and front passengers. The rear leg room is decent enough for a tall guy (Im not that tall) the rear rear seats, the 6th/7th seats are a bit too small for anybody but kids. We dont have any kids yet, but now we have car seats for five.

Im worried that the car is pretty big and the 2.0 engine I was looking at wont have enough 'umph' on the highway. I think I will look at the bigger V6 model or perhaps the 1.9TD version when they get them in.

The Tiggo is nothing too great, but Mrs. China Car Times quite likes it. Its a great saving over Toyota RAV 4 though. Ill post some pics up and a better review soon.:thumb:

did you bring the panphlet home? scan it and paste it so we can see all the info :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
when you said that your afraid the 2.0L wont have enough umph, dont you get to test drive it?? or do the dealers in china not allow anyone to test drive the vehicals?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
gr8 said:
when you said that your afraid the 2.0L wont have enough umph, dont you get to test drive it?? or do the dealers in china not allow anyone to test drive the vehicals?
We got their late on Saturday afternoon, the guys were about ready to close up. It was a Chinese festival yesterday I didnt want to impose on them when they could be at home with their families.

I will go back on Wednesday for a test drive.

Also, its a big 2.0 car - 7 seats and a total weight of 1500kg, imagine there are 5 or 7 adults in there! That would nearly 2000kg. Im looking forward to the test drive, im going to make a few of the Chery staff sit in the car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
chinacartimes said:
We got their late on Saturday afternoon, the guys were about ready to close up. It was a Chinese festival yesterday I didnt want to impose on them when they could be at home with their families.

I will go back on Wednesday for a test drive.

Also, its a big 2.0 car - 7 seats and a total weight of 1500kg, imagine there are 5 or 7 adults in there! That would nearly 2000kg. Im looking forward to the test drive, im going to make a few of the Chery staff sit in the car.
what others are available within the same buget of A5 in china?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The GW Hover is roughly the same price. Im looking at something less than 150,000 RMB.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also Zhonghua are in my price range, but I've never been a fan of saloons.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried it today. Not overly impressed, going to try the Great Wall Hover and then make a decision between the two.

Mrs. China Car Times likes the Tiggo. She'll probably get that.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4*real*Made_in_China said:
Go for the Roewe! Go for the Roewe!
Im waiting until I have a spare million RMB so I can get a second Hummer H2/H3 (bout 600k RMB) Good for running over Jetta taxis in the city centre :D

I would also like the MGTF when its finally launched in China. :D I think the pricing of that will be about 180,000 - 220,000RMB

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mr. China Car Times
and I would also like to be your adopted son :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts