China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Chery still leads China auto exporters in 2008 (from gascoo.com)

"Chery is the only automaker on the list, making it the pioneer of Chinese brands going abroad," said Brett Soso, managing director of Chery South Africa. "The company exported 135,000 vehicles during 2008, accounting for 50% of Chinese passenger vehicle exports and taking the top spot for the sixth consecutive year."Chery now has its vehicles available in more than 70 countries and regions, including South Africa, and has nine assembly plants in seven countries. Since its founding in 1997, the company has sold 1.5 million vehicles by May 2009, less than two years after it sold its one millionth vehicle, making it one of the world's fastest-growing automakers.

Chery plans to make 419,000 vehicles in 2009, an 18% increase over 2008's sales. The company has already launched six models in 2009 to date, including a Chery J5 hybrid, the G6, a new range of high-end vehicles, and the trendy QQme minicar launched today.

In the next five years, Chery will introduce 25 models. It's not only the best-selling domestic car brand in China but has also attained international quality standards for manufacturing while investing heavily in R&D facilities, Soso said.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Haima’s QQ Fighter undergoing testing
1 July 2009 No Comment
The QQ3 is a best selling car in China, despite its age (it was launched in 2002) it has continued to sell well into 2009 with virtually no exterior updates. The QQ3 sold a combined 9832 cars in May, its nearest rival, the BYD F0 sold 7224 units in May, the QQ is clearly unstoppable.

Haima have realized that the best way to compete with the QQ is to do exactly what Chery did with the Chevrolet Spark - copy it.

The side profile of the Haima 1 (below) is virtually the same as the Chery QQ, the only difference being the front end where the Haima 1 takes on quad headlamp style lights. Previously this car was known as the Haima M1, but it seems that it has been given the new moniker of Haima 1 for production.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chery driving out Anhui province with new factory in Dalian
3 October 2009

The Chinese upstart automaker, Chery, is planning to build its first factory outside of Anhui province in Dalian, Liaoning Province.

The factory is the product of a 4.7 billion RMB investment in the Dalian special trade zone and is also built on reclaimed land. Dalian City recently listed the automobile industry as a pillar of economic growth for the regional economy, and has done well to secure Chery’s investment, car parts manufacturers are expected to make the move to Dalian over the coming months as Chery gears up for production in June 2011.

The car plant is based over 20,000 square kiliometers and will be able to produce 200,000 cars per year for both domestic and export sales. Chery currently has 11 plants around the world, but all of the Chinese factories are based around Wuxi, Chery’s hometown in the southern province of Anhui.

China Car Times

·
Registered
10 Posts
carforallnet said:
i find it funny, that geely and chery both have USA sites, for their company but are still 2 years away to entering it..
I believe there is some political issue involve here, China is coming up with their open market policy, car market is incredibly increase and exported all over the world. For sure USA is tighten the door for China made car to venture in. look at the China made tires issue that US band recently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I am only a person in Thailand who like this company. (I don't have (and may not have) its product.)

http://www.thaichery.com <-- official Thai site, since 2009

Because of many haters/vandalisms, when write texts to the webboard of this site (called Chery Guru), the texts doesn't appear on the board automatically, admins are check it before showing that texts to webboard.

P.S. http://rudar.ruc.dk/handle/1800/3967 <-- a Chery related research, I think I like this document.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love Krittaya said:
http://rudar.ruc.dk/handle/1800/3967 <-- a Chery related research, I think I like this document.
RUDAR - Roskilde University Digital Archive >

Title: Chery Automobile-- A resource based view analysis of Chery’s possibility of entering the US market

Authors:

Barbara, Heil
Li Yuan, Wu
Roxana, Sulti
Xia, Lin
Xue, Chen

Advisor : Luise Li, Langergaard

Examination Date: 15-Jan-2009

Issue Date: 26-Jan-2009

Files in This Item:

Chery Automobile for libary.pdf 1899Kb http://rudar.ruc.dk/bitstream/1800/3967/1/Chery Automobile for libary.pdf

This item is protected by original copyright

·
Registered
1 Posts
luchazo said:
Hi guys,

I'm writing from south america, and I wanted to know... How can I contact Chery over email, I wrote [email protected], but never got an answer.

The thing is that I'm really interested in Chery and their products.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks
hello .My friend .please contact me .this is frank .from CHINA . if you want to connect CHERRY .pls contact me .thanks .
[email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts

"Messi será la imagen de la marca china Chery"

http://motor.terra.es/ultimas-noticias-actualidad/articulo/messi-chery-sera-imagen-marca-54696.htm

Translate use Google Translate :

26/04/2010
Riich represent, the high-end brand of Chinese manufacturer
Messi will be the image of the Chinese brand Chery

The automaker Chery, the largest private group in China Motor, has announced the hiring of Lionel Messi as a global brand ambassador, in an initiative of the Chinese group to jump into overseas market.

The presentation of the agreement, which no details were provided, it has been held in Beijing in the framework of the International Motor Show which is held these days in the Chinese capital. FC Barcelona striker, who won the Golden Ball award and FIFA Player of last year, will Riich image, the high-end brand Chery expects to introduce in Europe.

"Messi is the best footballer in the world and this makes him a great ambassador to represent the brand Riich ', has ensured Yinbo Jin, a spokesman for the Chinese company. Chery Auto has sold 500,000 vehicles in 2009 and has reached only 70,000 units in January 2010 with a market extending to more than 80 countries.

The firm, completely Chinese capital, was founded in 1997 and has positioned itself as one of the leading manufacturers of China, which last year surpassed the U.S. as the largest car market in the world.

Chery has a manufacturing plant in Uruguay with Argentina Socma group, with which it expects to sell 50,000 vehicles in the region by 2011 and reach 100 000 in 2012, and it is associated with Fiat, for which produces about 100,000 engines annually both for their vehicles produced in China and other countries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love Krittaya said:
I think I am only a person in Thailand who like this company.
Wrong.
http://www.thaicheryclub.com launched. (เฌอรี่ = Chery)

Registration Service Provided By: GLOBAL ICT (THAILAND) CO., LTD.

Domain Name: THAICHERYCLUB.COM

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ([email protected])
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 16-Mar-2009

Domain servers in listed order: