China Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
17,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM is preparing replacement for Chevrolet Matiz. New small car will look like a cocept named Beat which was very well accepted by audience at 2007 New York Auto Show. This will be truly global car, offered on all continents under different GM badges.
Firts test examples were caught by reporters in China.
http://auto.sohu.com/20080822/n259106709.shtml

·
Registered
706 Posts
Body design looks rather intriguing to me. This will compete with the new Toyota iQ mini-car-these will become large sellers, I think, because of the continuously-high gasoline prices that loom ahead.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Chevrolet Beat

A new car has been spotted out testing which might be Chevrolet's possible replacement for the Matiz. Called the Beat, it will be made in the United States but sold all around the world. There are also rumours od this car coming to NZ and Australia as well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK, a disclaimer - I was never a GM fan...........I grew up around Fords and I ended up gravitating towards Honda/Acura. Sure, the Camaro/Firebird was always cool (and the new Camaro is seriously a beautiful car) but I never had a desire to own a GM product.....................until now. I LOVE the new Camaro, but the new Spark is perhaps even MORE attractive. I say this because the Spark manages to be cool, confident and agressive (but not garishly so) - in a very compact package! The interior is ESPECIALLY impressive - it is the most un-chevy interior I've ever seen (and it doesn't look like a rehashed Daewoo interior either)!! Lots more pics and info at............http://spark.chevrolet.com

In the meantime I am posting a pic of the interior.........FINALLY a small car with automatic transmission, climate control, power everything - a small car with luxury features!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
General Motors is all prepared to launch its small car Chevrolet Beat in India. The company will also showcase the premium car, Chevrolet Beat, in Auto Expo 2010 in Delhi. The new Chevrolet Beat is to be pitted against Maruti A-Star, Hyundai i10 and Fiat Palio. The higher end variant of the small car is expected to priced at Rs 5 lakh. This high end variant might have 1.2 litre 4 cylinder petrol mill with peak power of 80 bhp. According to insiders, the small car, Chevrolet Beat, diesel version will be introduced by the end of 2010. The company intends to sell the new compact car in the overseas market as the next generation Chevrolet Spark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts