China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Re: Chevrolet Tracker / Buick Encore

A word about new cars supposedly revealed in MIIT's latest Notice:

On the 14th, Bitauto.com published a number of articles revealing info about several new type-approved cars (the Encore, Geely SX12, new Evoque, Mercedes Benz EQC etc.) purportedly published by MIIT, and other news outlets in China (including Autohome) and elsewhere picked these up. As we have seen over the years, MIIT generally publishes/updates such a database around the middle of the month, and as you members know, I am usually quite prompt in accessing this and then reproducing on this forum the pictures with links to the appropriate data.miit.gov.cn html pages. MIIT also confirms the publication/updation of the Notice on its Policy Documents and Announcements page (link).

For example, when Notice #317 was published on 19th February, MIIT gave out this announcement:
http://www.miit.gov.cn/newweb/n1146295/n1652858/n1653100/n3767755/c6647800/content.html.

However, this month MIIT has not yet announced the publication of Notice #318, nor given any links to the updated database. The site data.miit.gov.cn has been down (i.e DNS cannot resolve the URL to IP address) for several weeks now and I am unaware (and so are other media outlets, since they are merely reproducing from Bitauto's articles) if the database has moved to a new web address. Probably it has. I am not sure where Bitauto got these pictures and info from and why they need to heavily watermark these images with the yiche.com logo if these are from some publicly accessible database. Erik and I have had some correspondence about this. Even if the pictures and information published by Bitauto are genuinely from an MIIT source, I would exercise caution until I see an announcement from MIIT regarding the publication of Notice #318.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Notice #318 has been officially published by MIIT today but I am unable to access the database. I am getting different sorts of error messages like Page does not exist, Empty response, Server did not send any data, etc. Even tried connecting through Opera VPN, no luck. Could some of you try and see if you can connect?

http://www.miit.gov.cn/datainfo/resultSearch?searchType=advancedSearch&categoryTreeId=1128

Strangely, other parts of the MIIT website can be easily accessed.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Dimensions & wheelbase:
New Encore: 4295 x 1798 x 1607/1616 mm; 2570 mm
New Tracker: 4270 x 1791 x 1610/1627 mm; 2570 mm

Forget whatever I had said about the Tracker in any earlier post. The Tracker (JBUC) and new Encore (JBUB) are projects of SAIC-GM Norsom in Shenyang (link) and are based on the GEM JBXX platform.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts