China Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Buick is junk

gr8 said:
well for some reason there are way more buick in china than chevys.

LOL, Buick is junk here in US. Its brother Old-mobil was discountinued a couple of years ago.

Chinese will realize it sooner or later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
KING_OF_HILL said:
LOL, Buick is junk here in US. Its brother Old-mobil was discountinued a couple of years ago.

Who's to say the Chinese market Buicks are the same as US-market ones? They may be (probably are) all different.

·
Registered
561 Posts
KING_OF_HILL said:

i wont say that if 3 in 10 cars in china happens to be a buick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what i am thinking is if Chevy import this kind of car to US, it can be so competitive in US Market. at least, much better than Aeon, which is the low-end model selling in US by Chevy.
i think that's why ford n gm are trying to close the plants in US

·
Registered
772 Posts
wingng83 said:
what i am thinking is if Chevy import this kind of car to US, it can be so competitive in US Market. at least, much better than Aeon, which is the low-end model selling in US by Chevy.
i think that's why ford n gm are trying to close the plants in US
GM already does, it's called Aveo in the US. Except that GM sources all non-US Chevy models from Daewoo, as it costs more to assemble Daewoos in China than in Korea. So while 90% of Daewoo outputs are exported, GM's Chevy outputs in China are for Chinese domestic market only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts