·
Registered
183 Posts
hazik said:
Chevy spark

no fog lights, no alloy wheels

ugly, ugly interior

no tachometer, GM too cheap to put in tachometer
I don't think they have the hole at the below of the front bumper for nothing.
If options are not available in the particular countries, does it make a car itself worse? May be only for the price aspect but not the car itself.
Blame your local dealer. They're the one who decide not to bring those.

And I don't see much difference of interior between two cars. what make QQ is so much better looking than spark significantly?

In fact, Matiz has 4 different trims in korea and the one picture looks like the entry level one. Anyway,where do these pictures come from? Coz, this model run out 1 or 2 yr ago (it's version2 and there is version 3)in korea. Were they built in the local?

And GM Daewoo is redesigning Matiz and chery should have one as well. so you'll be able to see the real gap between chery and GM Daewoo soon.

And it's true. Matiz was too cheap to put the tachometer in when it was introduced at the time. There was other compact model in Daewoo. It was called Tico and many people in korea thought it was shame to drive a such small and ugly car. But people changed after the matiz was introduced, because it was so cute and its good FC.

And do you know Matiz got a better initial quailty score than QQ in China(I think they had a better consumer satisfaction too)? Actually, they got the highest in its class though I don't know the number of cars in the class.

http://www.automotivedigest.com/view_art.asp?articlesID=21018

·
Registered
561 Posts
ill take the qq just because its chinese lol. and the thing about the fog lights, i really hate how gm ford and chysler do buisness especially in Canada. gm like to advertise a really really low price but thats only the car with no options, taxes not included, and all these hidden fees taht they tell you AFTER you decided to buy the car. a car here for 25 000 CDN can easily get booted to 32 000 CDN.

·
Registered
481 Posts
spyshots !

GM is redesigning the spark huh ?

well guess who else is redesigning his cute supermini !

qq-update.jpg mRide_11143[1].jpg mRide_11145[1] copy.jpg
Chery POLOPOLO Chery QQrails CheryQQ360

click for a larger image ! you KNOW YOU WANT TO !

·
Registered
314 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I am deeply troubled by Chinese acceptance of a pirated good. Chery QQ is something Chinese should be ashamed of, not to be proud of.
:iagree:

·
Registered
121 Posts
from a western perception, i would have to agree w/you. but you have a multitude of choices available to you, a good income with w/ch to purchase your wheels of choice, & banks offering competitive financing rates up to five years. look at it from an average chinese's viewpoint. he has basically three choices given his limited income- a better motorcycle, a chang-an breadbox, the geely hq, or the chery qq, in ascending order, price-wise. is he going to say, i'll stick to my suzuki-copy motorcycle because the chang-an is a shameless copy of the suzuki minivan, the geely-hq is a shameless copy of the daihatsu charade, & the cherry qq is a shameless copy of the matiz/spark. the fact of the matter is-he has no choice-if he wants to go on four wheels, these are his choices. 2 million chinese have made these choices in 2006. maybe they shouldn't have exported these copycat models. that's their mistake-they have hurt western sensibilities.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nobody in TH need it, I think.

hazik said:
4 power windows/door locks, keyless entry security system Spark has none of those

Wow!

Right-hand-drive is available!

But I think nobody in my country want a Chinese car! But I want, but not QQ :)

(Oh! Daewoo Matiz is not available in my country too!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
hazik said:
Chevy spark

no fog lights, no alloy wheels

ugly, ugly interior

no tachometer, GM too cheap to put in tachometer
I've never seen a more ignorant person than hazik. I just had to register to post this. First of all, there is no credibility in your post as you are a Chery QQ driver yourself, am I correct? The quality of the Chery QQ is yet to improve. Your pictures of the QQ that show us a more in-depth look at the poor quality and materials that are implemented. You can't just degrade the Spark because it has less features. First of all, the Spark looks nicer, performs better and has a decent history, something that the QQ really needs to work on. The Spark was introduced in 1997 as the Matiz. The Spark pioneered the segment back then. Chery comes into the race and cheats by how, designing (rather using the copy machine) the blatant rip-off of the Spark, in the ever-so creative name of QQ. It sparked international attention and even made Chery's reputation even worse. I agree with the members before. The Chinese shouldnt be proud of this rip-off, they should be shamed. Just because the Matiz lacks some needless fog lights or alloy wheels. If there was no Spark, there would be no QQ. Why? Because the QQ relies on the Spark to gain success. By the way hazik, you have to come visit America, there is something called a 'navigation system' that you would probably drool over and something that is starting to become available in manny compact vehicles. A lot of features in a cheap price isn't always good. Its a shame Chery still goes by that phrase.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CaymanS said:
I've never seen a more ignorant person than hazik. I just had to register to post this. First of all, there is no credibility in your post as you are a Chery QQ driver yourself, am I correct? The quality of the Chery QQ is yet to improve. Your pictures of the QQ that show us a more in-depth look at the poor quality and materials that are implemented. You can't just degrade the Spark because it has less features. First of all, the Spark looks nicer, performs better and has a decent history, something that the QQ really needs to work on. The Spark was introduced in 1997 as the Matiz. The Spark pioneered the segment back then. Chery comes into the race and cheats by how, designing (rather using the copy machine) the blatant rip-off of the Spark, in the ever-so creative name of QQ. It sparked international attention and even made Chery's reputation even worse. I agree with the members before. The Chinese shouldnt be proud of this rip-off, they should be shamed. Just because the Matiz lacks some needless fog lights or alloy wheels. If there was no Spark, there would be no QQ. Why? Because the QQ relies on the Spark to gain success. By the way hazik, you have to come visit America, there is something called a 'navigation system' that you would probably drool over and something that is starting to become available in manny compact vehicles. A lot of features in a cheap price isn't always good. Its a shame Chery still goes by that phrase.
HaHa

the only ignorant here is You. How does a car with no alloy wheels, no fog lights, no tachometer, no rear spoiler Look better than an identical car that has all of the above. That's like saying You're integra with no alloy wheels no fog lights no rear spoiler looks better than my Integra Type R with bigger alloy wheels, rear wing spoiler, fog lights, and more powerful engine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i've seen the chery qq up close, & comparing it w/ the geely hq, the byd flyer, & the hafei lobo, all of w/ch i have seen in the flesh the fit, finish & build quality of the qq is second only to the hafei lobo. granted that the qq began life as a matiz copy, it has been in the china market now for at least three years, there are probably more than 150,000 of these running in china, & it has been accepted by the china market. it has been the subject of a lawsuit, w/ch gained it notoriety in the world press-the matter was settled out of court-& now, it is being exported to the middle east, to singapore, & elsewhere.
in my humble opinion, it is a SUCCESS, regardless of its storied, or maybe some will say, sordid past.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chinoy54 said:
i've seen the chery qq up close, & comparing it w/ the geely hq, the byd flyer, & the hafei lobo, all of w/ch i have seen in the flesh the fit, finish & build quality of the qq is second only to the hafei lobo. granted that the qq began life as a matiz copy, it has been in the china market now for at least three years, there are probably more than 150,000 of these running in china, & it has been accepted by the china market. it has been the subject of a lawsuit, w/ch gained it notoriety in the world press-the matter was settled out of court-& now, it is being exported to the middle east, to singapore, & elsewhere.
in my humble opinion, it is a SUCCESS, regardless of its storied, or maybe some will say, sordid past.

The Chery QQ has 5 times greater global sales than the Chevy Spark. There probably are 400,000 Chery QQ's running around the world.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Honestly Hazik ,

Whatever they do to the QQ , I would still prefer the Spark , even with no alloys or fog lights .

Especially the new SPARK ,

its milestones ahead of the QQ in STYLE and MATERIAL quality , I 've DRIVEN both and I know what I am talking about ( The new spark , not the old one )

and here's even a MODIFIED SPARK , that I CAN"T think you can achieve this really good mod on a QQ .

THE ONLY attractive PURCHASE point about the QQ , is the EZ-drive gearbox and its price , period .

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cryptonx said:
Honestly Hazik ,

Whatever they do to the QQ , I would still prefer the Spark , even with no alloys or fog lights .

Especially the new SPARK ,

its milestones ahead of the QQ in STYLE and MATERIAL quality , I 've DRIVEN both and I know what I am talking about ( The new spark , not the old one )

and here's even a MODIFIED SPARK , that I CAN"T think you can achieve this really good mod on a QQ .

THE ONLY attractive PURCHASE point about the QQ , is the EZ-drive gearbox and its price , period .
compare the QQ to the old spark. the new spark should be compared to QQ6 and A113.

·
Registered
481 Posts
are you serious ??

That QQ6 is a joke not a car , I still prefer the SPARK over it
and the S12 / A1 is nice really nice , but I think it's not to be compared with the spark , its longer and wider , altho its still sitting on the licensed/not licensed whole shitty problem chasis of the spark .

I know CHERY won't stop making QQs , since they are the best sellers for them , but honestly , among the new original cars they are making ( A5s / V5 / A1 and so ) the QQ is showing its age and doesn't go with the rest of cherys line .

should be replaced with the A1 , this car is really nice .

·
Registered
17 Posts
hazik, do you know the word called 'fairness' in the English language? Looks to me like you do not. Why are you, even though we insist you not to, comparing a base model Spark to a fully loaded QQ? Heck if it was the other way around, you wouldnt have anything to say at all and it is still the case when compared as unfair as this. Also, give us some proof that the QQ is doing better than the Spark. In Europe. the Spark is selling like mads because those people are educated car buyers who can tell which one is better than the other, which is frankly the case for the Spark and the QQ. In China, the QQ buyers are being fooled by Chery and they think the Spark copied the QQ. Also, Chinese buyers buy a car that is cheap with lots of features PERIOD. That is the most foolish way to buy a car. The Chery QQ is also very unreliable and unsafe that they can't even export it to the US which is their lifelong dream. Just listen to this. If there is no Spark, there is no QQ. OK? So stop blabbing about the QQ being better than the Spark because it has some extra features that quite frankly is untrue, when compared fairly. You seriously have to know what a 'good' car is.

P.S. That modified Spark is photoshop. However, the Spark can kick the QQ's a** even if it has no 'alloy' wheels which hazik drools over.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CaymanS said:
the Spark can kick the QQ's a** even if it has no 'alloy' wheels which hazik drools over.
Haha You'll blow the Sparks engine if you ever got in a race with a chery QQ. Spark doesn't even have a tachometer you won't even know when you have passed the red line and your engine will blow.

Chevy Spark is the most unreliable car in the world. Chery QQ was ratest highest in quality by JD power, Spark was rated most likely to get a blown engine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts