China Car Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
hazik said:
Haha You'll blow the Sparks engine if you ever got in a race with a chery QQ. Spark doesn't even have a tachometer you won't even know when you have passed the red line and your engine will blow.

Chevy Spark is the most unreliable car in the world. Chery QQ was ratest highest in quality by JD power, Spark was rated most likely to get a blown engine.
can u provide source? I found the introduction of chery in this site says "2005- Chery forms a strategic partnership with Visionary Vehicles of the U.S.A Chery QQ ranks highest in compact car segment in J.D.Power 2004 China Initial Quality Study (IQS), " but I can't find IQS in china for 2004 or 2003.

2003;
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/yearlyreleases.asp?Year=2003

2004;
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/yearlyreleases.asp?Year=2004

And For 2006, qq is not even in top 3.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005268

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2006290

·
Registered
481 Posts
like I said Hazik , I have nothing against chinese , chinese cars or chinese companies , except maybe GEELY ( They suck ! you have to agree :p )

but as for Clones or Copies , I am totally against them , inspiration is something , and a REPLICA is another thing , so basicly talking about the QQ , even if it has a JET ENGINE installed , is jibberish , its still a crappy car no matter what it does

even the Stretched QQ6 or whatever is alot much better to talk ON , yes its using the Spark chasis but at least its modified and seems original , then and only then you can compare both cars .

again I agree to Caymans point of view , if there were no Daeoow ,, there would be NO Chery QQ . soi stop going in cirlces , Iam not teasing you or just talking crap about chery , I know I am going to buy a chery one day , but please stop defending a lost cause. . the QQ sucks ... the Spark sucks as well , ok ?

Man .. !!

·
Registered
772 Posts
hazik said:
Chevy Spark is the most unreliable car in the world. Chery QQ was ratest highest in quality by JD power, Spark was rated most likely to get a blown engine.
JD Powers 2005 Survey

The Chevrolet Spark ranks highest in initial quality in the compact car segment with 296 PP100. Chery QQ (391 PP100) and Tianjin Xiali (424 PP100) follow the Spark, respectively. The Spark outperforms other compact models in six of the nine categories, including Ride, Handling & Braking; Seats; HVAC (tied with Chery QQ); Sound System; Vehicle Exterior; and Engine.
JD Powers 2006 Survey

The Chevrolet Spark ranks highest in initial quality in the compact car segment with 323 PP100. The Suzuki Wagon R (386 PP100) and Alto (388 PP100) follow the Spark, respectively. In particular, the Spark performs well in ride, handling and braking; seats; vehicle exterior; vehicle interior and engine.
Notice that QQ's quality nosedived as Chery sacrificed quality to cut prices. Chery was the second worse performer quality wise after Geely in 2006.

If you want quality, then you buy a Spark. If you only care about price, then QQ is your liking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
CaymanS said:
hazik, do you know the word called 'fairness' in the English language? ......The Chery QQ is also very unreliable and unsafe that they can't even export it to the US which is their lifelong dream. ...You seriously have to know what a 'good' car is.

P.S. That modified Spark is photoshop. However, the Spark can kick the QQ's a** even if it has no 'alloy' wheels which hazik drools over.
Do you think consumers would knowingly put their lives at risk? Do you think they are stupid enough that when it comes to purchase a car they wouldn't look at every single aspect of a car???

Chery has been kicking Spark's a** for 3 years in a row in China, probably the most picky consumer group in the world. And why? Because consumers value those features, they ok with QQ's quality and pleased by the price.

My defination of "fairness" is you put two products on the table, side by side and let the consumers make choice on their own. Spark is the best selling in Europe is because it doesn't have the compitation from QQ, at least not yet at this point. :lol:

I don't care what other people say about Chery, I like Chery because after all this is a company that did not exist 9 years ago, who last year just sold 300,000 cars a year. For whatever reason that you don't like Chery, my advise is "SUCK IT IN!!! " :nod:

·
Registered
772 Posts
KING_OF_HILL said:
Chery has been kicking Spark's a** for 3 years in a row in China
Which is a sad example of Chinese legal justice system not working.

probably the most picky consumer group in the world.
Nope. Chinese consumers only care about price.

And why? Because consumers value those features, they ok with QQ's quality and pleased by the price.
And are willing to overlook QQ's worst quality record in China..

My defination of "fairness" is you put two products on the table, side by side and let the consumers make choice on their own.
My definition of "fairness" is that one must not pirate the product of another.

Spark is the best selling in Europe is because it doesn't have the compitation from QQ, at least not yet at this point. :lol:
Why do you think EU would allow the sales of a pirated good in their market?

·
Registered
314 Posts
flc2006 said:
I think both cars should at least come with ABS and four airbags but atleast the QQ has tachometer , both of the models need to improved.
i dont see why the chinese consumer need tachometer given the cars are never revved hard due to fuel economy concerns.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

you just bending it too far. :nono:

·
Registered
132 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
i dont see why the chinese consumer need tachometer given the cars are never revved hard due to fuel economy concerns.

Dude, where did u get the idea that a car does not need a tachometer ?

Some of the fancy lawn tractors I've seen have tachometers, there is no execuse why you can't put some of the very basic features in a car, Spark failed to do that so they were dumped by Chinese consumers.

Put it in a simple way, if it is a feature you see on a lawn tractor, I want to see it in my car !!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

Real_I_Hate_China said:
People's choice.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
It's amazing to see how you apply double standard over and over, tell me what exactly Hyndai did in the 90s, where did they get the logo from, what was their true intention of having a logo that is so similar to Honda.

I'm sure you can come up with a good explaination, give us a perfect example of your double standard, cut-out-of-contact technique.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Chery has a whole line up of products to be exported to Europe in the future,
better products for the same money. The prospect of whole made-in-korea concept is bleak.

·
Registered
17 Posts
KING_OF_HILL, you need to consider an aspect in life called 'reality'. The Spark comes with a darn tachometer, all right? We already know that Chinese consumers in China care about price. I won't argue about that because if that's what they want, they should get it. However, there is no excuse for the automakers to copy other automakers' designs. They invested and implemented their skills and used millions of dollars creating it and I think you would be infuriated to see a blatant copy come out 2 weeks after the original car comes out. Hyundai's logo relates to their mantra: company to customer. Although, it can be only vaguely seen, it is the image of an H and also two people, the employee and the customer shaking hands. They had no intention to ever copy other automakers. Getting back to the Chinese consumers, Chinese automakers have set a goal to export their automobiles across the world, particularly North America. I am saying this for the benefit of the Chinese automakers. Their reputation is deteriorating by the day. If they want to export and hopefully become successful in foreign markets who intend quality over quantity, they have to straighten up.

By the way King of Hill, just chill. This is just an automotive discussion forum, not a debate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah all of you ppl need to chill :D

but CaymanS , wait till they clone ur Porsche :D will you chill then ? :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
hazik said:

good alloy wheels

[image deleted, 5 was over the limit]

4 power windows/door locks, keyless entry security system Spark has none of those

Hazik, with all due respect, the French Matiz (newer version of the Spark) has fog lamps and power windows Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Bumper
The Chery QQ has the exact same interior save the steering wheel and interior colors. Both cars have the exact same shape and even details like
door handles. Minor interior details and extras, exterior details (different front fascia) and alloy wheels aren't expensive to change. The Matiz was introduced in 1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matiz) and the QQ in
2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chery_QQ). (Hmm, wonder who copied who?) I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it ticks me off when people
mislead people. Funny enough though, I can't find the Spark on the Chevrolet.com.cn site, did they get rid of it? Have a nice day then :D

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.