China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat displeased and disappointed to learn that the chinese leadership did not use the recent decline in oil/energy prices to invest heavily in the canadian alberta oil sands.
Shell Oil wasted no time buying out its canadian subsidiary when oil lowered to $50U$D per BBL. Capital markets allow chinas leadership to take massive positions in the tarsands. Both canada and china would be well served by such action.
Diversity of supply is key to chinas engery needs. The mid east is a continued powder keg. South America's nations have been so impoverished as to produce a million Chavezes. Africa was chinas first choice and i commend the decision.
Canada needs chinese technology and continued investments.
Wake up.
Undeveloped resources are wasted opportunity. Canadians have come to appreciate that ethnic chinese (an estimated 25% of all major cities population in canada are of chinese extraction) have enriched canadian culture and contribute to our greatness as a nation. Hard working, thrifty and modest of attitude are the hallmarks of the ethnic chinese i know personally.
An energy partnership between china and canada is long overdue.

I do not wish to bash america, but i do not support the war machine and destructive force it has come to be. The sooner canada allies itself with forward thinking progressive regimes such as china the sooner it can reduce its dependence on a failing empire.

I will now get off of my soap box. I do not mean to bash, i just hope china understands not to wait till the last drop of oil is wrung from the planet prior to securing the needs of its hardworking and ernestly deserving citizens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just look at where the Chinese president is now. Then look at what Canadian prime minister said before APEC.

btw I think china does invest in Canadian oil sands.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yea they are going to take some oil from this place near the town i live in (just an hour drive north where we call ourselves "oil country" lol). i think the canadians are building a pipline that sends the oil to the pacific ocean where some ship is going to send loads of oil right to china. but since we are just north of the americans, somehow the they got involved in it, and all this crap is going on but the pipline is still in construction.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Americans take by force, or pay you in depreciated currency only to go bankrupt later, lol.
I am speaking to the fact china should have bought out a player in the athabasca tarsands. Many junior companies have vast holdings of proved reserves. Connacher, UTS. They are available at reduced rates while the saudis and americans play with oil price manipulation to starve out the Iranians.
BTW, would rather see china secure sources of supply to feed its uncoming middle class than yanks horde resources and supress dev'g nations.
The pipeline your reference is of is to transfer canadian oil made by american concerns to japan and china.
In trade deals, the yanks have shown themselves less than trustworthy. Look at the softwood lumber embargo still unsettled financially after 12 years.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mandarin_orange said:
Just look at where the Chinese president is now. Then look at what Canadian prime minister said before APEC.
***The canadian conservative PM Harper was bought and paid for by the neo cons in the states. Two years ago he was unheard of. Suddenly, he had billions to buy an election with. Americans fear liberal gov'ts as they give an appear of independence from hotheaded americans.

btw I think china does invest in Canadian oil sands.
***They are minor players. Americans own most of canada's resources sector thru direct or indirect investment. NAFTA allows america first kick at canadian and mexican resources or the bombs start dropping. gunboat diplomats,

·
Registered
54 Posts
I totally agree with bassfisher that canada and china should have closer economic relationship. Especially alot of ethnic chinese in Canada.

But Canadians got to put its own house in order first. China could not and will not influence other people's internal affairs, by her nature. Vote him out or something.

China/Canada don't have a NAFTA-esque free trade agreement. What can China do? arm Canada against US?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts