China Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

China-only BMW Long Wheelbase 525Li and 535 Li for Chinese businessmen too poor to afford a BMW 750Li. A 140 mm stretch was given to the rear sear.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yo hater, i think u probally never been to china. you would be amazed how many bmw and benz you see on the streets. when my uncle got out of the restraunt and searched for his car, he could bearly find it because there are so many white bmw's parked everywhere. but of course now the chinese would look into zhonghua's and hongqi's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably been rushed out to try and counter the threat from the new Roewe 750E! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
just a reflection of the fact that whilst everything about car design is a compromise, rear seat accommodation has a higher relative importance in the chinese market than in the west because a higher proportion of people are 'driven' rather than 'driving'.

if you want to try to use this to take the p1ss out of china, go ahead, but I don't think it furthers your argument.

other cars stretched for china only include VW Passat, maybe the Audi A6 (not sure of that one), SAIC Roewe, a version of PSA elysee and even there is a stretched chery windcloud.

Also 7 series BMW has two versions, and the 750Li variant of the BMW 7 series' single biggest market was and may still be china.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This only goes to show you that the Chinese car market is important enough for car makers to come up with specific designs to suit the taste of Chinese consumers - it's only the second largest car market in the world you know.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with BringIt. too poor to afford 750??? And I guess those people, who buy 535, can afford 7 seriese if they were in US as china has a high tax for the import car!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
lol Chery did the same thing here , with the A11 ,, its called Chery A11-LONG :p
35cm longer ( in the middle )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts