China Car Forums banner
301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is VW with six models in top ten! the low sold are for the Chinese holidays...

And ChangAn takes the 6th place over BYD, Great Wall and Chery!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fiat Viaggio seems doesn't come (like) to Chinese. It's for its high price or chinese don't like the car? production is now 4000 car/month so they are near to sold all they produce...

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
I have a query regarding sales statistics which are published monthly in the Chinese media (divided into categories of cars, SUVs, MPVs). Why is it that sales of the following vehicles are never reported? If anyone can please elaborate.

Jinbei Zhishang S30
Foday Explorer range
Golden Dragon Righto V3

Also:
Foton Saga (I have stats that show a few units are produced each month)
Haval Pi (some units produced monthly)
Isuzu UC Rodeo (about 70-130 units produced monthly)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I agree Dmitra, that Jinbei S30 is very strange, I have seen this as an omission, as I am sure this suv is in mass production. Maybe it is included in one of the other figures of Brilliance or Jinbei.
Foday (Fudi) was never in statistics as it is regarded as a refit factory, and not as a manufacturer.
Golden Dragon (Jinlu) is probably not in mass production.
Foton Saga is produced in very small numbers and maybe included with the pickups.
Haval Pi is also only in small numbers (delivery on order..) and is possibly included in the H5 figures.
Qingling (Isuzu) Rodeo is in the statistics (56 made in October).
greetings Erik

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Thanks, Erik, for the detailed explanation.

I suspected that Foday was classified as a refitter, like Shuanghuan, and you confirmed this.

It is odd that the Jinbei S30 should be lumped with another product, since what else does Jinbei have in the same category? The production and sales of the other SUV, S50, this past year has been shown as 0 or close to 0. Even the old Badao 009 from Mianyang is no longer sold. Clubbing with the Zhonghua V5 is highly unlikely, as the manufacturing entities are different. As you say, strange indeed.

Thanks for the Rodeo Oct. figure as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
China sales statistics (Retail sales February 2018)

Bestsellingcars Blog has published, for the first time, a detailed account of retail sales in the Chinese market for locally produced cars. It is noteworthy that figures have been presented for a larger no. of models than is found in the usual monthly sales statistics from CAAM (which are on delivery basis from manufacturers) as most model families have been split into constituent variants (for example, different models of Landwind, which were not available till now). We also find figures for Yogomo (YGM), Sinogold, Joylong, and Kawei as well as the Changan Ruixing(s).

I find it surprising that, barring the BAIC EC Series, EV sales are really not that great as they are made out to be; in fact they are pathetic. Is then the great success of EVs in China all hype?

https://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2018/04/china-february-2018-discover-exclusive-retail-sales-figures/

Note: Since it is an exclusive article, it will be locked for non-subscribers soon. Saving from browser or copying has been disabled, but it can be printed (to PDF file or paper).

301 - 318 of 318 Posts