China Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought about how the game plan could bring chinas cars here with success and have distilled it for your perusal.

1. Enter market with durable inexspensive cars and trucks, most Americans can forigive a car or truck for not being luxurious if it lasts a long time and is easy to work on at home.

2. Market an inexspensive very durable of road vehicle like a jeep but more to the tune of a land rover defender or land rover series III. Very durable, no frills, military like in its sturdy nature and easy to maintain.

3. After 5 to 10 years of no nonsense sturdy, affordable vehicles begin selling in the midrange.

4. Service, service service! if you sell a car here but fail to back up its warranty or take 6 weeks to get a part it will fail! Make service a priority treat the customer with silk gloves and he will come back to buy more of what you sell. Americans can forgive problems if they are handled quickly and with good customer service attitude. If a problem developes with any model dont hide it! have a recall! cover the problem and the customer wont be bothered at all.

5. Dont outpace yourself very very few Americans or anyone else for that matter will drop 25k or more for an unknown brand if you drop a 35 thousand dollar car on our shores with no name recognition it wont sell in any great numbers.

6. Dont be afraid to say China! Americans bought British then German then Japanese then Korean if you are proud of your product and market it as such and treat the customer with respect he wont care where its made if its good then he or she will buy it. Americans will give anyone a chance and if its a really good buy in terms of cost then we really wont care who made it.

7. A Halo car is needed, by this I mean a car that is so stirring, so much fun to look at and so much fun to drive that the rest of the brand will gain sales because the halo car is in the showroom. Examples Dodge Viper, Porsche 911 Turbo, Corvette, Wrx sti, M3, etc etc. One of Hyundais greatest failings has been a lack of any sort of real halo car and as such it is still seen as a maker of appliances rather than cars any enthusiast would drive.

8. Get involved in Motorsports, as Dr Porsche said "racing improves the breed" I buy cars with a good racing pedigree and try to get my wife to do so as well and many people love it when they see their car at the track. A low cost single maker series would be a huge boon for any of the Chinese car makers and would create instant recognition for their cars.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Only xenophobes and metathesiophobes stay at home.

It's communication, interaction, and healthy competition that drive both the global economy and human civilization to greater heights.

And automotive development plays a key part in the process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amen to that Dragin, Im really looking forward to the interesting and different take the Chinese makers will bring to the car world. As a car nut I love different takes on the car and I think we could be in for some really fun times ahead. And as a by product lower prices and greater choice.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I started a similar thread a while back... I do like your advices very much!

I also advised using as many available parts already on the market as possible - whether it be oil filters, bulb, timing belt, hoses, lug nuts, etc. etc. The ease of getting parts will be a huge advantage. (Heck, even windshields, fuel injectors, or piston rings.)

Yep, a basic, no frills, but robust and durable 4-door sedan and 4-door truck, close to mid-size in size but sub-compact in price, both with big 4 cylinder engines. I think that would be a great entry to get the ball rolling.

(The cost to build a bigger 4 cyl car or truck is not that much more than a smaller one, but can demand more respect/price; same reason why the Big 3 don't make any small cars.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumb:
BringIt said:
Yep, a basic, no frills, but robust and durable 4-door sedan and 4-door truck, close to mid-size in size but sub-compact in price, both with big 4 cylinder engines. I think that would be a great entry to get the ball rolling.

I hope that these cars and trucks get here soon BringIt!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
razorback said:
:thumb:
BringIt said:

I hope that these cars and trucks get here soon BringIt!:thumb:
welcome to chinacarforums razorback:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts