China Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
With regards to Imperium Motor, in July, Yahoo News reported: "The ET5 SUV homologation was approved for Europe and is approaching approval for the North American market."How are they doing in their quest for getting approval of these Imperium ("high speed") models?
Imperium has very ambitious plans, now to include the Zhongxing Terralord. In 2007, another company, known as Chamco, planned to bring a Zhongxing 4X4 product to the U.S. market but its efforts were thwarted.

·
Registered
537 Posts
"They do seem game for the truck and SEV to be successful,..."
Hi LSEV. Yes, I'm sure they are game to be successful, with these (larger) on-road vehicles , but can they manage to get through the homologation to sell in the U.S.?
Thanks for keeping us right up to date on Imperium progress, as they work hard to do what others could not.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The SEV will begin first deliveries sometime in December. I personally am extremely excited to start seeing Chinese cars on US roads! https://mobile.twitter.com/imperiummotor
How in the world can the "SEV" and pickup be affordable to the American consumer, after the 25% import tax is levied? It would truly be a first if they succeed in doing it......

·
Registered
537 Posts
Let's see, the Skywell EV6 is priced at US$22,856 in China. With a 25% import tax, that brings the price to US$28,300. If they try to sell it for US$39,990, that's a profit of US$11,690 per unit. Lawrence, does that profit sound right?
Yes LSEV, it does sound right, but in much the same way as the Yugo's import into the U.S. market in 1986, was priced to fit the buying public's confidence (in an unknown product), I don't think Imperium will succeed in selling these cars at a premium price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
"ZX Auto is the Terra-D, a gas pickup
Jonway is the Terra-E, an electric pickup"

OK we know that the Terralord pickup is a "gas pickup", but the above post indicates that there is another Imperium "Terra-E" truck made by "Jonway", which is supposedly an Electric Vehicle.
This is confusing because the Imperium website implies that the Zhongxing product, not the Jonway, is the Electric Vehicle and also that: "Our Imperium Terra Truck ️E version coming very soon#.."
However, I don't think that Jonway has ever produced a full sized pickup, and especially not an electric one.
As for Zhongxing, it has always been a producer of fossil fuel trucks exclusively..., and its website makes no reference to production of electric vehicles at all.
Perhaps what Imperium intends to do is what Coda attempted to do, and that is import a (Zhongxing) vehicle without an engine, and then have a U.S. based company fit it with an electric powertrain.
Can you shed some light on this for us LSEV?
Thank you.

·
Registered
537 Posts
LSEV, Jonway got its start making RAV4 lookalikes in the 2000s, and then later minivans, some of which it made for Dongfeng. But its only pickup, that I know of, came out back around 2012, when it was in a doomed joint venture with ZAP of the U.S.. As for its pickups, here's a photo of one that shows a small vehicle and a far cry from the current full-sized Terralord. Perhaps the planned Imperium "Terra - E" is going to be of this small type.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Amazing! Jonway has gone from selling RAV 4 knockoffs in Italy with DR Motor, more than 10 years ago, to selling golf carts with Imperium in the U.S..
I'm not sure if that's progress, but the product shown at the PGA show seen here looks OK.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Didn't Mr. Curtis have a position at Mullen, before becoming president of Imperium.
And of course now we ask, "Who will be the successor of Mr. Curtis, at Imperium?"
btw Imperium website seems no longer to be working.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's like a broken music record...heard and seen so many times before. And so, another one hits the dust.😟
I've lost count.
Now let's keep watch on the import tariff news......
and also let's watch to see how Vietnam's Vinfast, navigates the maze as it tries its luck.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have seen a lot of Chang'an made minivans and pickups, but I can't recognize this odd vehicle, with the small side windows on the cab. Do you have a photo of a Chang'an model that this vehicle was derived from?
Tiger Truck once imported and modified Chang'an vehicles for years but none looked like these.
Is there possibly another Chinese maker is involved in these imports to the U.S....Wuling, Dongfeng, Jonway, Chang'he, perhaps?
If it is Chang'an only, then they have come in under the radar, as I have not seen any media outlet pick up on their presence in the marketplace?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts