China Car Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Today I bring you many brands under the same corporation that were sold in the US around 2000-2010.

Wuzheng Trucks North America

This brand has already been covered a lot at the Wuzheng thread. I wasn't able to find any pics or any other information. Just want to add it to this thread.

Kama Diesel Trucks North America

Kama took over Wuzheng website when they closed. Wayback machine never saved any pics, but there is lots of information on there models. They sold 8 models in US:
  • KMC1031PB (flatbed)
  • KMC1060P (flatbed)
  • KMC1080P (flatbed)
  • KMC1120P (flatbed)
  • KMC3042PA (dump truck)
  • KMC3043P (dump truck)
  • KMC3080PA (dump truck)
  • KMC3092P (dump truck)
Kama product page

Spark EV

This is a brand selling Flybo cars in US and Canada. Products listed...
Spark EV product page

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Here's an odd one - Genco BAW vehicles. Genco is a special vehicle manafactur specializing in mining vehicles. First found out about this brand by pictures on Instagram of this car in New Mexico.
View attachment 63119
View attachment 63118

Here are some other pictures I found online:
View attachment 63120
View attachment 63121
View attachment 63122
View attachment 63123

Jeep and mining vehicles | ACCÈS
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Glenn Sebring poses with a Genco Underground Mantrip at his factory in Huntington. Sebring imports mine vehicles directly from a plant in Beijing.

http://extras.sltrib.com/china/1.htm

Companies say they are not to blame; who is?

Genco Mine Service, a small company that sells trucks that transport miners deep underground, buys its vehicles from a factory in Beijing. The company's owners know the factory uses outdated machinery and unsafe production methods, but they accept those conditions as the normal course of doing business with China.

"China's equipment and machinery are like ours in the 1940s," Genco co-owner Glenn Sebring photo said. "They can't afford a forklift. If they have to move a truck, they stick four boards under the body and they walk it around."

As he sees it, it's up to China -- not him -- to figure out how to protect factory workers from occupational diseases and injuries. If China someday increases his costs by buying new machines or by providing workers with better protective gear, Sebring may do business elsewhere to remain competitive. "Next maybe it's Micronesia," he said.

Sebring emphasizes that he doesn't want workers to get sick or hurt. But he doesn't believe small businesses like his are responsible for working conditions in factories they may buy from but hardly control.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts