China Car Forums banner

Chinese car factories outside of China...

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mgrovernut 
#1 ·
Just wondered apart from the Nanjing factory in the UK does any other Chinese car maker make cars in factories outside China.

Maybe SAIC in South Korea through Ssangyong (although SAIC don't own all of Ssangyong do they)?

#3 ·
Chery Has CKD factories , in Egypt ( Under a diffrent name , producing the A5 and the Eastar ) , and also in Iran , Russia .

Brilliance has also a CKD factory in Egypt , within the BMW factory , making the BS6 ( called Brilliance Galena 2.0 here ) .

#6 ·
Windy said:
Maybe we should remove it from ChinaCarForums then - it should be on BritshCarForums :lol:
You Wish :D

I think Nanjing should tease the first 1,000 customers with putting " MADE IN CHINA " Vinyls on the sides of the MGs , hehehe

#11 ·
phaeton said:
but its not Chinese :p

Its the 1st Chinese owned Company to have a European factory yes but I say again its just updated British cars nothing more nothing less.
It's a multi-national like all the biggest and best car companies....eventually the likes of Cherry will no longer be Chinese. I mean is Roewe Chinese even? They design their cars in the UK after all. I kind of view NAC MG as anglo chinese....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.