Volkswagen Polo : 159
Toyota Corolla : 130
Nissan Sunny : 134
Volkswagen Bora : 145
Chevrolet Spark : 296

Chinese brand cars

Chery QQ : 391
Tianjin Xiali : 424
Any car with PP100 score of higher than 150 is considered a junk and unmarketable in the US. Chinese are not ready to come to America. Try again in 10 years.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
You are right Chinoy54. This is a JD Power survey exclusively prepared for China-built vehicles, i.e. no CBUs.

The China Association of Quality also released the results of their CACSI China Auto Customer Satisfaction Index survey last November. An article about the results was published by the China Daily and recounted by many of the internet news media.

The released results of both surveys are skimpy, offering very little maker-specific detail. It appears that Real-I-Hate is correct... in China, at least for now, the consumer must pay a lot of money to learn the real story about current product quality.

The CACSI survey indicated that Geely was at the bottom of the list but in answer to someone else's question, I'd be willing to bet that BYD was a close second for that spot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks for the info, dragin. did someone commission jdpower to conduct the survey for chinese cars, i don't think they do this as a matter of course, but only if somebody pays them big bucks to find out how they rank in the survey. also, since this was done in 2005, shouldn't audi & bmw be somewhere in there?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
You can be sure that JD Power scoped out the market before setting up shop in Shanghai. I'm sure the number of sales promotion and other folks, who are willing to pay big bucks for the results, will continue to grow. But like they encountered in the US, they will no doubt go up against some homegrown competition such as the CAQ that I mentioned.

As for the omissions from Real-I-Hate's list....I don't know, but I did notice that he forgot to mention the Hyundai and Kia JV products.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
In UK we have a JD associated customer satisfaction report, lexus in Number 1, toyota, honda and subaru, skoda,mazda, porsche are in top 10. bottom of the list are the french (peugeot/citroen), ford, vauxhall (gm opel) ford, fiat alfa romeo etc.

·
Registered
314 Posts
gr8 said:
wrong forum buddy

why is it wrong forum given VW built in China are very popular. He has the right to say that you know:mad: also if it wasnt for chinese govt restriction on foreigh cars, germans made cars would be more popular by the chinese people

·
Registered
561 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
why is it wrong forum given VW built in China are very popular. He has the right to say that you know:mad: also if it wasnt for chinese govt restriction on foreigh cars, germans made cars would be more popular by the chinese people
take it easy buddy, it was just a joke. not everything in this forum has to be full of argressive arguments. :thumb:

·
Registered
132 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
In UK we have a JD associated customer satisfaction report, lexus in Number 1, toyota, honda and subaru, skoda,mazda, porsche are in top 10. bottom of the list are the french (peugeot/citroen), ford, vauxhall (gm opel) ford, fiat alfa romeo etc.
Another day dreamy Japanese dude... :lol:

See, the problem with Europeans is that they like their prestige, Japanese stuff would never rank in the top, it's only your wishful thinking. French will always drive peugeot and Germans will alway drive VW, Japanese brands have never had any siginficant influnence in Europe.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
December 2005
DUDE, Which cliff do you live on?

It's year 2007 now! Bring something meaningful to talk about. By the way, I have some 2006 season front seat tickets for Houston Rockets for sale at a great price, interested???

·
Registered
481 Posts
German cars : BMW & MERCEDES
wanna be German cars : VW :p

( Phaeton dont eat me :p )

seriously tho , VWs reputation here ( in the middle east ) is going down the toilet ... altho sales are more than any given date before , but complaints / faults and build issues are also bigger than any given time before .. at least for the middle east .. I dont know where do they come from .

btw a Friend of mine .. insists that VOLVO is german , would you please be kind and inform him here , so he can read it , that he is an IDIOT ! :D

Thanks .

·
Registered
240 Posts
cryptonx said:
German cars : BMW & MERCEDES
wanna be German cars : VW :p

( Phaeton dont eat me :p )

seriously tho , VWs reputation here ( in the middle east ) is going down the toilet ... altho sales are more than any given date before , but complaints / faults and build issues are also bigger than any given time before .. at least for the middle east .. I dont know where do they come from .

btw a Friend of mine .. insists that VOLVO is german , would you please be kind and inform him here , so he can read it , that he is an IDIOT ! :D

Thanks .
does your friend also claim that SAAB is German too?:nono:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts