China Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Raul, you are wrong. The King Long brand is not in Argentina, actually they are 6 car and truck brands in Argentina : Lifan (since 2016), JMC (since 2016), Foton (since 2016), DFM (since 2004?) Chery (since 2008) and Geely (since 2016). Past car and truck brands : Jiangling (early 90's-late 90's), Sanxing (1997-1998), Nanjing Yuejin (1996-1998), Wuling (1998-2001) Chang'an (assembly plant in Argentina, 1998-2001) and many many more that I can't remember.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What about Chang'an? It was assemblying mini trucks in Argentina, based on the Suzuki Carry ST-90 from 1998 to 2001, and they've also assembled the Yantai YTQ 1030 CD / CS from 1998 (YTQ 1030 CD crew cab bodywork from 1999) to 2002. Nakai Japan S.A, an importer of Chinese bikes (I don't know why the name), makes a Joint Venture with Norinco, an industrial group (like Grupo Socma), for start the construction of an assembly plant of commercial cars. The "factory" was put in Alta Gracia, Córdoba Province, in 1998. But because the lack of funds, the lack of popularity (the people preferred a Fiat Fiorino, a Renault Kangoo, a Ford Courier or a Chevrolet Combo, because they were too popular on that years and today too) and the economical crisis of 2001, the assembly plant was closed down in 2002 and the JV, finally disbanded.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dmitra, General Motors de Argentina also manufactured the Chevrolet Sail MK1 facelift (in China from 2005 to 2009) as the Chevrolet Classic from 2009 to 2016. Like it's predecesor Chevrolet Corsa, this model is very used as taxi and police cars. And General Motors do Brasil also manufacturated too. But now, the Alvear plant makes the Cruze and if I think, another model.

·
Registered
257 Posts
About Ralitor and JMC, I haven't heard nothing new.
Mauricio Macri gave the approval for national production of JMC trucks in 2017 but it seems that the plans were suspended. Tried to get info about that agreement but nothing.
Could someone solve my doubt?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Chinese cars in Argentina: CVN Motors

Grupo Iraola, the industrial group settled in Venado Tuerto, famous for the assembly of Chinese motorbikes and car cushions under the brand "Corven", will start to import Foton trucks (the Aumark S), passenger vehicles (the brand was Chinese, but no data of what brand it is) and electric buses of Zhongtong and King Long. The vehicle import division will be called "CVN Motors".
https://autoblog.com.ar/2018/04/10/...iones-y-buses-electricos-chinos-en-argentina/

·
Registered
257 Posts
After the incontrollable dollar price rising, car brands in Argentina are getting nervous. The Chinese (and imported) cars will suffer the consequences of today's Lebac's expiring too.
In another car brand, there was a meeting yesterday to assess whether they were still selling to the network or gave the order to stop operations. It was decided to continue the activity and wait for what happens today with the Lebac...
Hope that this won't be the end of 10 years of Chinese cars in Argentina.
https://autoblog.com.ar/2018/05/15/...en-fabricantes-importadores-y-concesionarios/A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts