China Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its definately too late for chinese cars to come to markets which are developed(ie US and EU). Its now 2006 and not 1966(Toyota) or 1986(Hyundai), when the safety and emissions standards were definately easily met and cars didn't last very long as they do nowadays.

now with increased crash test standards and California's ultra-tough emissions standard, I just don't think it is possible and do not see how these chinese venders could meet these safety test and standars; even all the major auto companies are complaining about the difficulty and expense of meeting all these new emission rules.

Chinese brands should defiantely focus on reclaiming Chinese domestic market from foreigners! way before even thinking about going to oversea markets.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I_Hate_China said:
Its definately too late for chinese cars to come to markets which are developed(ie US and EU). Its now 2006 and not 1966(Toyota) or 1986(Hyundai), when the safety and emissions standards were definately easily met and cars didn't last very long as they do nowadays.

now with increased crash test standards and California's ultra-tough emissions standard, I just don't think it is possible and do not see how these chinese venders could meet these safety test and standars; even all the major auto companies are complaining about the difficulty and expense of meeting all these new emission rules.

Chinese brands should defiantely focus on reclaiming Chinese domestic market from foreigners! way before even thinking about going to oversea markets.
in 1966 or 1986 some guys had said the same words to Japan and korea like you:eek: (what's differernt is you say it on internet:D )

·
Registered
280 Posts
What a lack of historical perspective. When the first Japanese and Korean cars came to the US, the same things were said to discourage their success. Today, they are at the top of the class. And I don't see why Chinese cars cannot eventually get to the same level when you see garbage cars in the US regularly such as the FORD FOCUS.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Actualy EDGE

Altho you could very right about chinese cars reaching top quality at the end , And I think so as well

but the Ford Focus is NOT trash at all , and according to many british magazines its on of the best cars in it class , compared to the Citroen C4 , VW Jetta/Golf .

So it's not a trash , actualy you can't afford to say so , I mean the only car dealer in china is capapble of beating the Ford focus and similar ones is the Brilliance ( galena ) and so

The rest are still going arround in circles ... with only one GOAL ! EXPORT EXPORT ! Like someone else said , they should give it more time and Retake the chinese market itself from big players ...

I have nothing against chinese cars , In fact I am still hesitated about buying the Chery A11 which is for sale here in My country , competing against alot of other big names and still I like it .

So that I_Hate_china might be another american jerk , but he has a point , but it Should be discussed in a more mature matter, since you came here to a chinese car forums , if you Dont care about chinese cars or think they are all crap then U wouldn't have bothered and came here in the 1st place

I came here cuz I wanted information on a car I might buy , you came here because you're a racist and you want to flame people here. . and I bet your 18-20 years old MAX , if not younger than that .

GROW UP

·
Registered
280 Posts
cryptonx,

Marhaba. You are from Egypt? Then you are my brother, because although I am Chinese, I have been part of the Palestinian cause for a long time. I have also learned some Arabic.

Anyways, about the Ford Focus. I have rented it before, and comparing to my 2005 Hyundai Sonata, it is very bad in quality and handling. In fact, it is one of the worst cars I have ever driven in recent memory. So I am not sure why it would be listed as a top rated car, maybe because of bias by American magazines only. But I've known others who have driven it and they said that it is bad as well.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
cryptonx said:
Actualy EDGE

Altho you could very right about chinese cars reaching top quality at the end , And I think so as well

but the Ford Focus is NOT trash at all , and according to many british magazines its on of the best cars in it class , compared to the Citroen C4 , VW Jetta/Golf .

So it's not a trash , actualy you can't afford to say so , I mean the only car dealer in china is capapble of beating the Ford focus and similar ones is the Brilliance ( galena ) and so

The rest are still going arround in circles ... with only one GOAL ! EXPORT EXPORT ! Like someone else said , they should give it more time and Retake the chinese market itself from big players ...

I have nothing against chinese cars , In fact I am still hesitated about buying the Chery A11 which is for sale here in My country , competing against alot of other big names and still I like it .

So that I_Hate_china might be another american jerk , but he has a point , but it Should be discussed in a more mature matter, since you came here to a chinese car forums , if you Dont care about chinese cars or think they are all crap then U wouldn't have bothered and came here in the 1st place

I came here cuz I wanted information on a car I might buy , you came here because you're a racist and you want to flame people here. . and I bet your 18-20 years old MAX , if not younger than that .

GROW UP

im confused with this post crytonx,

I dont think Edge did anything wrong, and I_hate_china's name is a bit contreversial, but his posts are his opinion, and its good to see the other sides opinion....

we need optimists and pessimists
:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
admin said:
im confused with this post crytonx,

I dont think Edge did anything wrong, and I_hate_china's name is a bit contreversial, but his posts are his opinion, and its good to see the other sides opinion....

we need optimists and pessimists
:)

I think in the latter part, he is criticizing I Hate China. It's just that his English is not perfect.

·
Registered
481 Posts
emmmm

yes Admin

That What Was I trying to do , I don't like people such as I_hate_china who is just giving Negative reviews of cars he didn't even see or try

And if he hates these cars so much then Why did he come here !! just dont buy them dude !

Anyways Yes my english isnt perfect , and so is your cars :p make them perfect please :) they are being LOVED here ...

The Chery A11 / QQ is selling LIKE CRAZY ,, I am seeing more QQs than Matiz Or Picanto now adays

and more A11s than any other newly introduced car !!

but I am just not very satisfied with the interior quality or the engine NOISE of the A11 that's why I am still hesitated about buying it :)

And oh EDGE ! Marhaba Beek ! :D
I didn't drove it myself ( except an old model )
but Yes the review might be a bit biased altho thier review for the C4 / Golf was not .
Nevermind tho , it's all about personal experineces in the end .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts