While I dislike Ash(posing as I_Hate_China)'s violation of our agreement(he agreed to not add or make stuffs up in addition to what I posted), Chinese cars do face a problem.
Hyundai Excel(Circa 1985)
- Up to Date Mitsubishi Engineering
- Up to Date Mitsubishi Engine
- A pricing some 20% less than comparable Japan-assembled vehicles.
- Minimal crash and emissions requirement.
- Sold by a $60 billion a year corporate giant.
Geely CK(Circa 2008)
- Out of Date Daewoo Chassis
- Out of Date Polluting Engine
- Pricing identical to Toyotas.
- Tough crash test requirements that Ferrari flunked and Emissions test made Audi cry with its TT.
- Sold by a small player with poor finance.
Chery A50(Circa 2008)
- Out of Date Seat Toledo Chassis(90s engineering).
- New engine designed by somebody else and rather low in torque and HP. Unknown reliability.
- Pricing exceeding Toyota Camrys.