China Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chinese vehicle said:
I heard Zhongxing Landmark might come to the U.S. on June 2008 for about $13,750 with a "strong minimum 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty program". I'm just wondering how the after-sale service and parts will be.
Too early to tell the dealers' service quality. I bet you'll be able to buy the parts from ebay. If this car is coming to US, I will get one for sure. $14k will be the cheapest SUV in US. I think they should price it at around $17000.

Quality not quantity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
this is what i want...

the Chinese need to come up with a name that is palatable for the Western audience... Chery, Geely, Gonow... there is no way the west will accept these names. The Americans have had little success with Saturn and Eagle style brands but I feel everyone will accept this more readily than Jiangling or something like that. You may say that the West had adopted Honda and Toyota and Hyundai. That is great. Do you think the Chinese will wait 20-30 yrs for acceptance?

the Chinese probably need to headhunt a German for design. The Koreans and Japanese regularly hire Germans and Italians and French to design world class vehicles.

the Chinese need to strive for 5 star NCAP, Euro IV engines that have the same mod cons as the competition. This means the latest direct injection DOHC 4v turbo diesel or petrol motors.

the Chinese need to prove themselves in motorsport. No one is saying F1 or Rally. What about Paris to Dakar? Something that proves reliability and engineering.

or they can continue shipping D-Max copies to South Africa and Eastern Europe.

the Chinese need to offer Korean style warranty. 5 years, 160,000 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far, I'd go with the the 2.0 Chery A5 MT. On second thought after I saw the A6 concept. I'd go with that if it comes in manual. 2.0 turbo or 3.0 v6 makes it seem very tunable. the exterior looks pretty cool as well.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts